Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Assuming all goes well and Fisker stick to their price the PEAR will be the cheapest EV when it launches. It would be a huge accomplishment for the company.

At $29,900 the PEAR would be cheaper than the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV ($34,000), Chevy Bolt ($34,495), and the Mazda MX-30 ($33,470). With the rest of the EVs on the market going for over $40,000

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,168 Posts
@Holt
PEAR will be the cheapest EV when it launches. It would be a huge accomplishment for [Fisker] sic
Fisker Inc, an American EV company, could dominate the US EV marketplace
with this sub $30,000 EV
I surely hope it come to fruition!

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
91 Posts
Isn't Chevy saying their Equinox EV will start under $30k?
They have, and I will definitely shop it against my PEAR reservation (sweet Mother Mary, PLEASE change that damn name). That said, Fisker buyers in the US should still be able to take advantage of the $7,500 Federal tax credit, where as GM is SOL unless Congress changes the program and actually manages to pass something (insert laughter here).

If you qualify for the tax credit, that's effectively a brand-new EV for $22,400. Of course, that will be the Sport equivalent with FWD and a limited battery. I'm holding out for an Ultra-level spec with AWD and 250-300 miles of range and hoping for a base price around $39,900 before the credit. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
They have, and I will definitely shop it against my PEAR reservation (sweet Mother Mary, PLEASE change that damn name). That said, Fisker buyers in the US should still be able to take advantage of the $7,500 Federal tax credit, where as GM is SOL unless Congress changes the program and actually manages to pass something (insert laughter here).

If you qualify for the tax credit, that's effectively a brand-new EV for $22,400. Of course, that will be the Sport equivalent with FWD and a limited battery. I'm holding out for an Ultra-level spec with AWD and 250-300 miles of range and hoping for a base price around $39,900 before the credit. Fingers crossed!
I'm not sure I'd count on 300 miles or range, considering that the PEAR is supposed to be a city car. Having said that, I'm hoping for that figure too. I reserved an Ocean, but if a 300 mile PEAR Extreme were to be released, I might want that instead of an Ocean.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,168 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
225-250 mile range would be about the minimum I'd want to consider for my commute, as that will probably translate to less than 200 miles of range during the winter and not charging to 100%. I'm hoping they stay consistent with the Sport/Ultra/Extreme spec levels and offer AWD with a bigger battery, both for range and performance (designing for one seems to give the other as a byproduct). We'd have my wife's Ocean for longer hauls, as well as other ICE options if needed.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
225-250 mile range would be about the minimum I'd want to consider for my commute, as that will probably translate to less than 200 miles of range during the winter and not charging to 100%. I'm hoping they stay consistent with the Sport/Ultra/Extreme spec levels and offer AWD with a bigger battery, both for range and performance (designing for one seems to give the other as a byproduct). We'd have my wife's Ocean for longer hauls, as well as other ICE options if needed.
I'm sure I read somewhere that the PEAR will be available as AWD. I can't find the quote unfortunately.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm worried the Ocean might be large for me needs. Can't wait to see final photos of the PEAR, but worried that foxconn has never built a car before. I imagine it's a lot harder than building an iphone. They've never had to deal with rattles and creaks and road noise before. Those are things that takes time for an automaker to figure out. Tesla's been around over a decade and still sucks at them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts