Fisker has announced at CES 2022 that the Ocean will be equipped with an Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) that uses four types of sensors: an industry-leading surround-view camera suite, a camera-based driver-monitoring system, ultrasonic technology, and a Digital-Imaging Radar System that Fisker expects will be first to market when the Fisker Ocean begins production in November 2022.
- Fisker showcased the all-electric Fisker Ocean SUV at CES in Las Vegas, following the vehicle’s global reveal at the 2021 Los Angeles Auto Show.
- The Fisker Ocean will be equipped with an Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), offering state-of-the-art safety to drivers and passengers.
- The ADAS has multiple sensors, including market-leading cameras, five Fisker Digital Radars, and sophisticated driver monitoring technology.
- Called Fisker Intelligent Pilot, the complete feature set will be standard on the $68,999 Fisker Ocean Extreme and Fisker Ocean One launch edition.
- All trim levels of the Fisker Ocean will be equipped with Fisker Digital Radar hardware.
LAS VEGAS (Jan. 5, 2022) – Fisker Inc. (NYSE: FSR) (“Fisker”) – passionate creator of the world's most sustainable electric vehicles and advanced mobility solutions – is showcasing its Fisker Ocean all-electric SUV at CES in Las Vegas, highlighting the vehicle’s state-of-the-art Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS).
Called Fisker Intelligent Pilot, the ADAS platform integrates four types of sensors: an industry-leading surround-view camera suite, a camera-based driver-monitoring system, ultrasonic technology, and a Digital-Imaging Radar System that Fisker expects will be first to market when the Fisker Ocean begins production in November 2022.
“Our asset-light, rapid-product-development business model enables us to bring these state-of-the-art active safety systems to market earlier than our competition,” Fisker CEO Henrik Fisker said.
“Fisker Intelligent Pilot and Fisker Digital-Imaging combine reliable ADAS cameras with first-to-market 4D digital radars, giving owners industry-leading safety to go along with a $37,499 price for the Fisker Ocean Sport and over 350 miles of all-electric range for the top-of-the-line Fisker Ocean Extreme and Fisker Ocean One launch edition.”
The Fisker Ocean’s cameras are sourced from one of the market leading suppliers and provide latest-generation vision capability, with a front-facing 8-megapixel camera delivering the highest resolution currently available in a vehicle. The 360-degree camera system enables base-level object detection from proven technology used on tens of millions of vehicles globally.
Fisker’s industry-first, Digital Code Modulation-based radar system uses five units positioned around the Fisker Ocean to confirm and enhance what the cameras see. The system also provides an additional degree of perception in conditions of bad weather and excessive sun glare, and performance superior to analog radar systems. The Fisker Digital Radar, for example, can locate vehicles at 200 meters (656 feet) and pedestrians at 80 meters (262 feet).
The system can also better distinguish its surroundings in environments of high light-dark contrast, such as in tunnels and on bridges, and differentiate objects of varying sizes and speeds on highways, such as cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Additionally, Fisker Digital Radar can separate objects from backgrounds and detect low-lying roadway obstructions.
With its features working together, Fisker Intelligent Pilot’s perception stack with camera and radar sensor fusion makes better decisions at highway speeds, in city traffic, and in poor weather.
To ensure that the driver is attentive when the system is engaged, Fisker Intelligent Pilot uses an A-pillar-mounted interior camera that monitors for drowsiness and concentration.
Fisker Intelligent Pilot features standard on the $68,999 Fisker Ocean Extreme and Fisker Ocean One include:
- 360-degree Surround View with 3D
- Door Opening Warning
- Park My Car - automatic parking spot finder
- Park Assist with Wheel Guard - parallel parking aid
- Adaptive Drive Control
- Automatic Emergency Braking – Premium
- Reverse Collision Mitigation
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Integrated Drive Assist
- Traffic Jam Assist (with Integrated Drive Assist)
- Driver Drowsiness and Attention Warning
- Traffic Sign/Light Recognition
- Front and Side Collision Warning
- Lane Change Assist
- Lane Keep Assist
- Intelligent Speed Assist
- Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance
- Blind Spot Monitoring
[Sport and Ultra trim levels each come equipped with the full ADAS hardware system and a subset of the software-enabled features above. Fisker expects to offer additional features as over-the-air delivered options, provided at the point of sale or post-purchase.]