·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Available early 2023:

R1S is an unicorn and EV9 is year plus away. The VF9 might be the first widely available "proper" three-row SUV that isn't $100K+ like the Model X.

Reactions: TeslaYperformance

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Available early 2023:

R1S is an unicorn and EV9 is year plus away. The VF9 might be the first widely available "proper" three-row SUV that isn't $100K+ like the Model X.
I’m sorry, but one has to draw a line somewhere. This is a hard no for so many reasons.
What I really need is the Li Auto L9. It’s something that I would buy right away.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’m sorry, but one has to draw a line somewhere. This is a hard no for so many reasons.
What I really need is the Li Auto L9. It’s something that I would buy right away.
Reviews are already posted on the VF8

It’s good to have competition. The VF9 might be the only 3 row SUV that might cost under $75K.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That VF-9 should be called the Ugly AF instead . Plus, 0-60 in 7+ seconds? I can do that now with any old ICE grocery getter for $35k. There is nothing exciting about this company. They are just mass producing EV’s (not necessarily a bad thing) the way Japanese automakers used to pump out eco boxes in the 80’s and 90’s. No imagination in the design but just basic transport. Soon we’ll start to see spoilers and wings and extra badges on them to show their sporty side.
Hard pass here.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
That VF-9 should be called the Ugly AF instead . Plus, 0-60 in 7+ seconds? I can do that now with any old ICE grocery getter for $35k. There is nothing exciting about this company. They are just mass producing EV’s (not necessarily a bad thing) the way Japanese automakers used to pump out eco boxes in the 80’s and 90’s. No imagination in the design but just basic transport. Soon we’ll start to see spoilers and wings and extra badges on them to show their sporty side.
Hard pass here.
I was looking forward to VinFast (their concept renderings were nice) but disappointed with the final product. While it is under $75k; at $61k plus $160/mo battery lease, the car would have been over $75k if not for the convoluted lease. And that price does not include ADAS. My biggest gripe is $75k and no center binnacle. I do appreciate they are guaranteeing the $7,500 federal credit for their binding offer contracts.

I think anyone wanting a 3 row will need to wait for the EV9/Ioniq 7 (or have grandfathered pricing for a R1S).

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hard pass here.
I do agree that they have boring designs and not very exciting performance specs. But if they are just trying to churn out "basic transportation" and pump them out like Japanese automakers used to do in the 80's and 90's, then why are they priced like Mercedes? At least the Japanese companies had price working in their favor. I just do not see the value to seriously consider this brand - at all.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I do agree that they have boring designs and not very exciting performance specs. But if they are just trying to churn out "basic transportation" and pump them out like Japanese automakers used to do in the 80's and 90's, then why are they priced like Mercedes? At least the Japanese companies had price working in their favor. I just do not see the value to seriously consider this brand - at all.
because people are idiots with no sense of style and don’t want to wait 3-6 months for a better looking /better performing EV? I save all my boring ugly car driving for my work trips. Life’s too short 😂

·
Registered
258 Posts
You guys would confier an EV9 or IONIQ 7?
I am interested in these for sure, but only if they come out priced around 70K CAD. Any higher than that and its just not worth the cost-benefit yet to upgrade to an EV from ICE for myself. I can rationalize up to 20K premium for BEV over ICE alternatives, any more than that and the case for conversion becomes much harder to make.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You guys would confier an EV9 or IONIQ 7?
I don’t want an EV9 or what abomination Kia is pushing out. I want a Telluride EV.

Just rip out the ICE guts like BMW did with the i4 or MINI SE. The Telluride is a fantastic SUV. It made my former ID.4 feel like a cheap broken budgety car. I want HUD, ventilated seats, 360 camera, dual moon roof, lane keep assist that works (unlike VW and BMW systems), HDA, premium audio, 3 row seating, blind spot audible alerts, etc. Oh the Telluride is smooth and quiet. I’ve measured dB levels on most of the EVs I’ve owned and it’s quieter except maybe the BMW i4. I’d say on par with the Ioniq 5.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don’t want an EV9 or what abomination Kia is pushing out. I want a Telluride EV.

Just rip out the ICE guts like BMW did with the i4 or MINI SE. The Telluride is a fantastic SUV. It made my former ID.4 feel like a cheap broken budgety car. I want HUD, ventilated seats, 360 camera, dual moon roof, lane keep assist that works (unlike VW and BMW systems), HDA, premium audio, 3 row seating, blind spot audible alerts, etc. Oh the Telluride is smooth and quiet. I’ve measured dB levels on most of the EVs I’ve owned and it’s quieter except maybe the BMW i4. I’d say on par with the Ioniq 5.
I owned Kia Sorentos for 11 years. I loved them. Test drove the V6 Telluride several times since it was released, and I don’t like it. It’s way too anemic and rides too much like a truck for my liking. I’m looking forward to the EV9.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts