Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
Why? because the platform?
Just using the Ocean and cutting out the roof for the bed is just for the ease of rendering. It could have the same underlying platform - stretched most likely. The bed is far too short to be useful. I would imagine a different design for the front half too.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
499 Posts
I saw that photo earlier. Henrik has already said that he won't do sausage cars. He has released a couple of drawings of pick-ups, like the Alaska above, and the photo I attached. Henrik said that what Fisker releases will be more radical than this.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
As far as EV pickups go, my favorite so far is the Rivian R1T (I'm not crazy about the headlights, but everything looks really nice.) Second up is the Chevy Silverado EV. Then Ford 150 lightning. Oh my, the Tesla Cybertruck just looks awful to me.

·
Registered
499 Posts
As far as EV pickups go, my favorite so far is the Rivian R1T (I'm not crazy about the headlights, but everything looks really nice.) Second up is the Chevy Silverado EV. Then Ford 150 lightning. Oh my, the Tesla Cybertruck just looks awful to me.
I'm amazed that so many people seem to like the Cybertruck. It seems that anything Musk does will do well, despite looks and questionable quality. As competition heats up, he may not be able to get away with so much.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm amazed that so many people seem to like the Cybertruck. It seems that anything Musk does will do well, despite looks and questionable quality. As competition heats up, he may not be able to get away with so much.
The only thing I see is that the Cybertruck offers a lot of EV: 2-3 motors, huge battery, and super long range for the money. However the price has been taken off the website. There is no way that it will sell at $40k for the base version. Probably $60k. The 4680 batteries and the stainless steel body will be delaying this for another two years.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
@baydreamer
Henrik Fisker is already sketching, designing, thinking......

The designs will become edgier in these follow-up models, [after the Ocean] according to Fisker.
“The next three vehicles we are planning will be extremely unique in each of their segments,
and they will also have a lot more radical designs than the Ocean,” he said, when asked about the role of a truck rendering badged "Alaska" was shown last year.

Fisker said he’s already sketching those three, and at the modeling stage with some of them “because we’re going to kick these programs off fairly soon as we want to come out with probably our next vehicle already sometime in late 2023.”

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
59 Posts
I saw that photo earlier. Henrik has already said that he won't do sausage cars. He has released a couple of drawings of pick-ups, like the Alaska above, and the photo I attached. Henrik said that what Fisker releases will be more radical than this.
That looks like a cross between the Ocean and a CyberTruck.

·
Registered
499 Posts
@baydreamer
Henrik Fisker is already sketching, designing, thinking......

The designs will become edgier in these follow-up models, [after the Ocean] according to Fisker.
“The next three vehicles we are planning will be extremely unique in each of their segments,
and they will also have a lot more radical designs than the Ocean,” he said, when asked about the role of a truck rendering badged "Alaska" was shown last year.

Fisker said he’s already sketching those three, and at the modeling stage with some of them “because we’re going to kick these programs off fairly soon as we want to come out with probably our next vehicle already sometime in late 2023.”
Of course things seem to have changed since this article from January 2021. The article says that their next vehicle will probably come out in late 2023. Now he's saying that PEAR will be out in 2024. And the following 2 cars, if nothing has changed, will be the sports car for over $100,000 and the other car under $100,000 but also less than mainstream. Designed in England from Fisker Magic Works (I know that I posted this link, but here it is again. Exclusive: Fisker to develop two new electric cars in the UK | Auto Express). I wouldn't be surprised to see the pickup come before one or both of these, being more mainstream, but who knows? (Henrik maybe).

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
@baydreamer
I wouldn't be surprised to see the pickup come before one or both of these, being more mainstream, but who knows? (Henrik maybe).
For sure....I believe Henrik will gear Fisker EV sales to the mass market...
survival and success in the automotive world means mass production...

In Fisker's world this means, at least, 60,000 vehicles per year
(5,000 EVs a month)

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
304 Posts
Mine is Rivian R1S. I love the interior desing and quality but not the price :(

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ditto, I wouldn't be caught dead in the Cybertruck. It just looks awful.

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
60 Posts
I like the Cyber Truck. I would own one if I was a truck person. I am not! I look forward to seeing the Fisker vision for the truck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I hold a reservation for the Cybertruck, why not, it was $100, fully refundable. It just has so much capability. I do, however, think the pricing will be much higher than previously stated. The look has grown on me though, especially with the new update. It's a bit softer edges around the front and a curved windshield and it's attractive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts