Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
So what are we losing and what are we gaining now?

I see that the 360 surround view with 2D is not on the ULTRA trim now. Hopefully that's an error. Looks like AEB - Premium is on all trims now.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
I compared all of the features listed from the new to the old and also to the chart I created a while ago. They regrouped the major elements of the "Fisker Intelligent Pilot Package" as one grouping now and dropped 360 surround view 2D from the Ultra. Whether this is a mistake or intended, we don't know. It doesn't make sense to remove it in my opinion - I think it's a mistake. The only other thing I see is the Automatic emergency braking - premium is now listed for the Sport.

The lists that came with the Nov and Feb press kits are much more detailed than this one-pager. I would not give to much credence to this new document.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I compared all of the features listed from the new to the old and also to the chart I created a while ago. They regrouped the major elements of the "Fisker Intelligent Pilot Package" as one grouping now and dropped 360 surround view 2D from the Ultra. Whether this is a mistake or intended, we don't know. It doesn't make sense to remove it in my opinion - I think it's a mistake. The only other thing I see is the Automatic emergency braking - premium is now listed for the Sport.

The lists that came with the Nov and Feb press releases is much more detailed than this one-pager. I would not give to much credence to this new document.
Agreed on the more detailed press releases, but unfortunately those documents are becoming old information and until they actually create a full option list for each trim, it's anyone's guess what's right or wrong. I see that as we get closer to SOP we'll start to see things either cut from some trims or made into additional options in an effort to keep the costs where they are. I hope I'm wrong, but I won't be surprised.

Some of the way they are representing the ULTRA and SPORT trim information or lack thereof is to sorta push people towards the ONE and EXTREMEs. Unless they do start cutting stuff, there's just not enough there to be $19,000 more IMO. Hopefully by July we'll have the defined STANDARD vs OPTION items and associated costs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am thinking that the 360 Camera view will be an OTA buyable option later on. I think they trying to distinguish the trims more to make it seem like the Extreme is the one ppl should get. Especially since the Ultra will not be available for another 1.5 years.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Surround view is a feature I am really looking forward to on my next vehicle. If they’ve really dropped it from the Ultra that won’t push me to the Extreme, it will push me to a competitor.

However, the options for each trim level are labeled ’Featured Highlights’ so I don’t think it’s a comprehensive list. Guess we’ll wait and see…

·
Registered
101 Posts
FINAL_US_EN_Press_Kit_Feb_24_2022.pdf (ctfassets.net)

Feb 24th final US Standard Options for Fisker Ocean trim levels.
Unfortunately this is probably outdated at this point. To use a quote from one of my favorite series right now.......
"when comparing vehicle trim levels, details matter".

We need to start seeing a definitive and complete list of all standard features for all the trim levels as well as the optional packages with pricing. But I don't think we'll see these anytime soon and probably not even by the time they open up the ONE orders on July 1.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The February 24 report is really helpful. I’m getting a little concerned that the price of options (e.g. Sea Salt interior, exterior colors other than white, optional wheels, etc.) could really drive the price of the Ultra and Sport way up. We’ll see…

·
Registered
367 Posts
The February 24 report is really helpful. I’m getting a little concerned that the price of options (e.g. Sea Salt interior, exterior colors other than white, optional wheels, etc.) could really drive the price of the Ultra and Sport way up. We’ll see…
That's a good point. I was already considering the roof rack, and will we need to pay more for a tow hitch installation or is it equipped? But the paint, interior, winter package, and wheels could really add up.

I'm glad I know I won't be going for any 22" wheels, the potholes here would give flats and destroy rims way too easily. Plus 20" is better for range.

The paint pricing may move me from one color to another but I'm definitely not into white. I'd like to see the sea grass and marine layer.

The winter package is a must, but the smart traction system sounds interesting but frivolous to daily commuting.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's the idea I'm sure.........get the price so close with the options that people will want that they just go on and get the top end for a few more thousand and the other few missing options.

There was no ONE or EXTREME or ULTRA in Nov of 2019 when I put my reservation deposit in. It was the $37,999 ~300 mile all-electric EV.............

Like you said.....we'll see what's going on when vehicles finally hit the market......

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
New info (really a non-answer) from Fisker regarding the Surroundview 2D on the Ultra:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Software

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
Interesting that Fisker is working with Bridgestone for the tires on the Ocean. I was hoping we’d see Michelin
I'm hoping to see how good the new Michelin EV tires will be. You can always swap them out later when the original set is worn out.

Reactions: HotIce
1 - 19 of 19 Posts