Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Current: 2016 BMW M235i Cabrio
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any information about what Fisker plans to offer as a warrantee?

One of the other EVs I've been eyeing is the Kia EV6. Kia is known for its fairly groundbreaking warrantees, and I'm wondering what Fisker has planned in this department.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
Has anyone seen any information about what Fisker plans to offer as a warrantee?

One of the other EVs I've been eyeing is the Kia EV6. Kia is known for its fairly groundbreaking warrantees, and I'm wondering what Fisker has planned in this department.
Hi @douglas.a.gault
@Holt may have some info about warranties...I do not.

However, imho, You're looking at Fisker "ownership" from the wrong perspective....

Fisker Inc retail selling model is to Flexee Lease" every Ocean for as long as you want, even one month if you wish, and then give it back to Fisker.
After 12 years of road wear & tear, each Fisker will be permanently retired & recycled

Fisker's “Flexee Lease” offering begins at $379/month payment for the Fisker Ocean model. This option is more like a subscription model in that it can be ended at any time, and lessees are not committed to a term.

The $379/month Flexee Lease payment includes 30,000 annual miles and requires a one-time $2,999 initiation and activation fee.
After twelve years of lease driving, Fisker shared that it plans to retire
and safely recycle each Ocean.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm.. Interesting. I didn't see this when I first looked at the web site, but I went back and re-read and it was there.

I've never been a lease guy. Always owned my cars outright, but I can see pros and cons in their strategy.

PROS
  • If 2 months in, I found out it's not the car for me, I'm out - Easy-Peasy
  • Any major problems with the car - As above
  • Leased cars are usually "always under warrantee". It behooves both the company and the driver to keep the car in top condition
CONS
  • I'll always have a car payment. There will be no point where that is not the case
  • A lease stays on your credit as long as you are leasing. Negative Credit Score Points galore (I'm proud of my 800+ credit score and intend to keep it!)
  • If there is ever any change I want to make to the car (wrap it, paint it, mod it in any way) I'm stuffed.
Gonna have to think hard on that one.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
304 Posts
The last 10 years I always lease my cars based on my budget. It will be the case for the Ocean Ultra, the advantage will also be to get the new technology including battery with more range at lower cost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The more I think about this, the more I like the Flexee lease idea. I'm still going to have to wait to see what the lease price is for each level, but I think I can come around.

As with all of you, I'm sure, I'll be interested to watch more details come out as they're available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts