Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Fisker’s contract manufacturing partner Magna Steyr can scale production if demand is there.
Fisker’s contract manufacturing partnership with Magna is under-appreciated. Magna provides market-leading innovative solutions combined with vehicle assembly capabilities. As a matter of fact, Magna has produced more than 3.7 million vehicles from 30 different models for some of the biggest automotive companies in the world. Magna’s customers include Toyota, BMW, Jaguar, and Mercedes...Read More.

Reactions: Langer

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
So, Magna Steyr will shoot out like a cannon shot with 5,000 Oceans per month…
not a ramp up to 5,000 as some have prognosticated.

Henrik Fisker quote:
”So with Magna, we laid out I think a very conservative plan originally about 5,000 per month. However of course, Magna is a experienced contract manufacturer. And we are going into I believe the biggest hole that they have in the plant. Super modern, modern equipment and it would allow us to next year easily get over 7,500 units per month in the second half, if we have the demand.

Reactions: Fiskerati

·
Registered
48 Posts
How many a year do people think they will realistically sell? I did a quick search and Tesla sold 60K Model Y in 2021. I don’t know if that was US alone or world wide but looking at these production capability numbers makes we wonder where people think demand will be.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
How many a year do people think they will realistically sell? I did a quick search and Tesla sold 60K Model Y in 2021. I don’t know if that was US alone or world wide but looking at these production capability numbers makes we wonder where people think demand will be.
There is no issue with demand. Pretty much all car companies are producing as many EVs as they can - they all sell. I think the problem will be in production. There are always factors that cause a new model to have delays in ramping up production - even 100 year old established companies.

Reactions: Conleyga

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
@MTN Ranger
There is no issue with demand. Pretty much all car companies are producing as many EVs as they can - they all sell.
Right on the money!
All EV manufacturers have been caught with their pants down……
they cannot produce them (EVs) fast enough to satisfy the public appetite!

Fisker Inc primary challenge will be catching the Public Eyes attention!
Wish they would run the Auto Show circuit in both Europe and USA

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is no issue with demand. Pretty much all car companies are producing as many EVs as they can - they all sell. I think the problem will be in production. There is always factors that cause a new model to have delays in ramping up production - even 100 year old established companies.
Demand for EVs is high but I’m talking about demand for this EV. Fisker has a long ways to go in creating the buzz need to get the orders that can make the monthly production numbers discussed here needed. I agree with the point that they should be doing the auto show circuit in the EU and US, Also Asia.

·
Super Moderator
1,234 Posts
Demand for EVs is high but I’m talking about demand for this EV. Fisker has a long ways to go in creating the buzz need to get the orders that can make the monthly production numbers discussed here needed. I agree with the point that they should be doing the auto show circuit in the EU and US, Also Asia.
The only way buzz is going to get created is people seeing it on the road. Once we have automotive journalists reviewing the car and giving their opinion, you can expect public interest to peak.

I have two reserved.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
It also helps that Fisker, via its 400-strong engineering group in California, takes total control and responsibility for the key elements of the car, such as design and software development.

The initial plan is to make Oceans at an annual rate of around 50,000 cars, but Fisker is confident that as demand rises, Magna Steyr will have capacity to build up to 150,000 and sell them all over the world.

Reactions: HotIce

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
74 Posts
That's not even close, 60k! The Model Y for FY21 did just under 1 Million! 911,208 to be exact for the Model Y. Demand is there for Tesla, Fisker will rely on reviews and customers, but his entry Ocean is priced to sell!

·
Registered
367 Posts
That's not even close, 60k! The Model Y for FY21 did just under 1 Million! 911,208 to be exact for the Model Y. Demand is there for Tesla, Fisker will rely on reviews and customers, but his entry Ocean is priced to sell!
Tesla sold just under 1 million cars in total in 2021, not just model Y.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The CEO, [Henrik Fisker] relays his excitement to shareholders, claiming that Magna is set to produce a product that's "out of this world." Fisker added:

"Large, traditional car companies have just about finished their first round of EVs and you know, there is none that are, let’s put it this way mildly, you know, out of this world."
While we can't vouch for the above statement since we haven't yet experienced the Ocean, we can say that its price is arguably otherworldly

·
Super Moderator
1,234 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts