Fisker Ocean Forum banner

Fisker Will Showcase the All-electric Fisker Ocean at the 2022 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance

6K views 71 replies 22 participants last post by  TT97 
#1 ·
Reactions: Baker and 371
#5 ·
@TT97
Thanks for the info.

“Pebble Beach Concours is the world’s premier celebration of the automobile. The Fisker Ocean will be at Concours Village…”

This is a world class automotive experience for all motorheads!
it’s basically around Carmel, California and the famous 17 mile drive
(Two & 1/2 hours south of San Francisco)

P.S. Great opportunity to reveal the San Francisco Experience Centre

#18 ·
If you're going to Pebble Beach to see the Ocean it won't cost you anything to check it out.

View attachment 1166
@Holt (post # 9) - are you sure it's free to see the Fisker at Pebble Beach? This show page has a minimum admission fee of $525. 2022 General Admission Tickets.

Can someone confirm with the event venue that the Fisker can be viewed outside of the venue for free?

#10 ·
Does anyone know if they have decided what color scheme will be on the Pebble Beach Ocean? I am literally considering flying down from Seattle to check it out and if its Big Sur Blue(my choice) or Mariana , Horizon Grey or Silver Lining(my 2nd,3rd and 4th picks) it would help confirm my color selection better than a swatch on a website.

#11 · (Edited)
@SeaPhil4
I suspect it will be the two Ocean Fisker test vehicles now in Los Angeles
(Blue Planet and Solar Orange)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Reactions: Baker
#12 ·
I originally thought the same, but then neither of those testers have all the badging and their overall construction quality is less than the vehicles he has been showing at all the events around the world. I suspect he’ll bring out a showroom quality unit or two for this event so people don’t start posting pics of uneven body panel seams or missing bits here and there.

#13 ·
The Ocean they had at Santa Barbara and Beverly Hills was their prototype in Big Sur Blue with MaliBlu interior. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the one they have at the Concours as well. It is the Extreme/One version but does not have the solar roof.

#14 ·
Oh man, if it is BSB with Maliblu, I am gonna need you guys to post a TON of pics on this forum. We need low light, bright sun, artificial light, cloudy, rainy and sunset shots to get a good idea 😁

• Haha
#15 ·
#16 ·
Thanks TT97!!
Honest opinion, did the Maliblu look good in person or does it look like it does not belong in a $70k car? I have always had black or dark grey but wanted to go a little different this time - hoping Maliblu looks bold in person.

#17 ·
I like the MaliBlu a lot and was tempted to go with it. It looks really good in person and appreciate the contrast between the blue suede with the grey leather.

I decided on the SeaSalt as my wife wanted that interior and I preferred the lighter trims (doors/dashboard) of the SeaSalt.

Reactions: Deafsoundguy
#21 ·
@sailon - Thanks for confirming. I realize the Fisker ad stated "free to the public" but the venue was showing no info about how to attend for free. The address on google map shows no building or venue there - it just shows a spot on a road in a forest. Didn't want to waste an out of town trip if it wasn't really free. Thanks.

#27 ·
You know what picture we have yet to see? Headlights and tail lights fully illuminated. Would love to see color of headlights- hopefully not too blue- and brightness of those teeny tiny little rear deck slits that HF calls tail lights.

If anyone is there this weekend towards sunset hours and out of the bright sun/lights, whatever you can do to get a “full glory” shot of illuminated lights would be greatly appreciated.
Huge Bonus Points if you take a video of the turn signals (F & R) in full operation!

#28 ·
You know what picture we have yet to see? Headlights and tail lights fully illuminated. Would love to see color of headlights- hopefully not too blue- and brightness of those teeny tiny little rear deck slits that HF calls tail lights.

If anyone is there this weekend towards sunset hours and out of the bright sun/lights, whatever you can do to get a “full glory” shot of illuminated lights would be greatly appreciated.
Huge Bonus Points if you take a video of the turn signals (F & R) in full operation!
You can see the rear brake lights in these Instagram posts:

(last 2 seconds)

(much closer view)

#34 ·
And I plan to be at the event on Sunday most of the day, in case I need add'l info or have more questions.
On the other note, I read the IRA of 2022 and my impression is (pending IRS clarifications and explanations) that you have to be in posession/get delivery of the car before 12/31/2021, not just lock into order, to qualify for $7.5K per old rules. Any thoughts?

#37 ·
And I plan to be at the event on Sunday most of the day, in case I need add'l info or have more questions.
On the other note, I read the IRA of 2022 and my impression is (pending IRS clarifications and explanations) that you have to be in posession/get delivery of the car before 12/31/2021, not just lock into order, to qualify for $7.5K per old rules. Any thoughts?
I meant 12/31/2022...
You need to enter into a "written binding contract to purchase" "(1) after December 31, 2021, and before the date of enactment of this Act [8/15/22]" and "(2) placed such vehicle in service on or after the date of enactment of this Act [8/16/22]."

No language of when the vehicle needs to be delivered, however, "taxpayer may elect (at such time, and in such form and manner, as the Secretary of the Treasury, or the Secretary’s delegate, may prescribe) to treat such vehicle as having been placed in service on the day before the date of enactment of this Act. [8/15/22]."

We need the Secretary of the Treasury to provide additional guidance, however, as written, the vehicle would be considered placed in service on 8/15/22 regardless of when physically delivered/acquired.

#43 ·
Hi everyone! Just returned from the Concours! Sorry to say there was only one Ocean on display— the much-traveled Big Sur blue version. I was told that the Blue Planet tester was being driven around Pebble Beach and Carmel for “visibility.” The display was pretty modest and the information from Fisker reps who were working there was often incomplete or inconsistent. I was able to sit in the car (front and back) and take a few measurements. Reps weren’t able to turn on the exterior lights for me or open the rear hatch. Worse yet, the door handles were inoperable and Fisker reps had to reach in to open doors for access. I only attached a few pictures but I thought you might benefit from some general impressions… kind of a non-driving review.

Pluses:
The overall design of the car is beautiful— from every angle. It’s a show-stopper. As good as expected.
Fit and finish seemed good.
The Big Sur matte finish is attractive and “works” for this car.
Seats are comfortable and supportive, front and back. I’m 5’, 10” and had plenty of headroom in both areas of the car. (Back seat approx 20” deep with 38” of headroom. Three adults in the back seat would be snug, for sure.
There is plenty of leg room for drivers and passengers.
We liked the amount of glass in the car. Made for a bright interior.
The car makes a great first “walk up” impression. Distinctive, contemporary, and confident looking. I don’t think it will become dated any time soon.

Disappointments:
This is subjective as heck, but the 22” rims seemed REALLY big to me and I wasn’t wowed by the appearance of the black SlipStream wheels.
I wasn’t crazy about the Maliblu interior. Too much blue for me with the Big Sur exterior and I didn’t feel the “blues” matched perfectly. Again, subjective as heck.
The overall interior design is clean, modern, and functional but NOT especially upscale and Lexus-like.
The rear deck area is SMALL. Back seats do fold flat but reps couldn’t tell me if those seats could also slide or recline.
My wife and I were both a little disappointed by the feel of the doors when we closed them. Not the solid feel and “thud” we have with our Lexus RX 450h.

Final thoughts:
The jury is still out for me. I have a firm reservation for an Ultra and own a small amount of stock (100 shares) so I want this car to be a success. But lots of questions remain unanswered for me— including the need for feedback from third party road tests.

After we left the Fisker exhibit we visited the Lexus display. I looked over the new RZ 450e and test drove the plug-in NX450h+. Both of these models were way ahead of the Ocean when it comes to finish, sophistication, and included options (HUD, heated and ventilated seats, wireless Apple car play, adjustable rear seats, etc.). All things being equal, I’d take the Ocean… but I don’t know just yet if all things ARE equal. Guess we’ll know more in October.

Attachments

#44 ·
@sailon
The overall design of the car is beautiful— from every angle. It’s a show-stopper. As good as expected.
YES….No #1 reason that first attracted me to the Fisker Ocean

The car makes a great first “walk up” impression. Distinctive, contemporary, and confident looking.
Thanks for your in-person First Impression….
many consumers will choose the Ocean based on its looks.

Reactions: Deafsoundguy
#45 ·
I saw it in Santa Barbara (see my post). Since this particular car was still pre-pre-production, I am pretty sure that the door panels are not as solid as the production model will be, more likely mostly hollow. I'm pretty sure that your production model will have a solid thud. :)

#48 ·
Hi all, was able to finally stop by today. Lots of interesting information, similar to what @sailon has mentioned about inconsistent information given by the staff managing the booth. Looks very good from the outside, not sold on the matte blue paint but definitely different. Slipstream wheels are cool but I agree, may be a little big for everyday comfort. I appreciate that the wheels are spaced properly within the fender wall so it makes for a wider overall stance.

Seats are pretty comfy, both front and back. I was told that the final model will have a little more room or manipulation (it seemed a bit tight for anyone over 6 feet, especially in the rear) but overall felt pretty good inside. One rep told me the seats fold down flat in the rear, of course they weren't able to demonstrate but we'll see how true this is. Trunk space seemed a bit small compared to say a Model Y or even a RAV4. Wasn't able to measure anything or even open the trunk but I've provided some photos and videos below showing the size.

Sunroof and California mode are a nice touch, didn't realize there was an additional sunroof over the trunk space either. Honestly a little disappointed in the pre-production model as most things didn't function and seem thrown together last minute but hopefully the actual ones have some solid/consistent QC. Hard to get a good sense of the car. Lots of questions especially for $70k...

Never been good with forums and uploading photos but I've attached a Dropbox link below with a handful of images and videos around the inside and outside. I was instructed to not take any detail photos of the interior but got lots showing what the Maliblu interior looks like. I was told there will be a glovebox, the rep didn't say anything about trays underneath the seats or anything but a decent amount of storage in the doors and in the center console.

Please let me know if the link doesn't work or if you have any issues or concerns!

Cheers everyone. I'll be in town until Sunday so I'll try to stop by again if we get some sunshine and take some additional photos.

FISKER

#50 ·
@jc2084
I've attached a Dropbox link below with a handful of images and videos around the inside and outside
Beautiful, classy, curvaceous and stunning!
you really capture the essence of quality design….THX a million

some of my favourite photographs

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.