Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe we can get a thread going about garage chargers.
Here are a few. Perhaps some members with experience with these chargers, or others, can comment.
Installation, use, complaints, praise, etc.

Output device Font Audio equipment Gadget Cable
Light Output device Gadget Automotive tire Audio equipment
Peripheral Gadget Communication Device Mobile phone Portable communications device

Peripheral Input device Audio equipment Gadget Camera accessory
Peripheral Output device Camera accessory Gadget Audio equipment

·
Registered
72 Posts
We have used the Wall Box for previous EVs. Absolutely no complaints. Easy to install and use. I would also recommend Tom at State of Charge You Tube for reviews. He has reviewed and rated most of the major EVSEs. Pretty sure all of the ones you have pictured and more.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme
518 Posts
I recommend getting a NEMA 14-50 outlet with a 50A breaker installed. This is the most common outlet used with EVSEs. This will provide a good amount of charging speed and flexibility if you need to replace it easily.

I've done a review on this EVSE. Great pricing ($360) and supports up to 40A, LCD display, Wi-fi, data logging, and a long cord.

AmpRoad iFlow P9:

Charging a Kia EV6:

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme
518 Posts
I installed two in my garage - one in the center of the rear wall and one near the front. This allows easy access and parking front in or back in and charge from either spot. As far as placement, here is a video of my garage. Of course this is for a Tesla, but it can work with any EV.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
112 Posts
I have the Pulsar Wallbox as well. Mine originally came with the 14-50 outlet but I hardwired the unit. The unit works great and can be programmed to only charge during specific hours (which is great for the ID.4 as the in-car delayed charging had issues). I can also download charging statistics to see how much power I am using (I use the same charger for both cars but have different start times so I know which charge is for each car).

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4
384 Posts
I have 30A charger on 40A breaker delivering 7.2kwh enough to charge a large battery overninght. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts