Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Genesis GV60 Advanced/Performance trim is pretty close in price ($58,890/$67,890) and features to the Ocean Ultra/Extreme. I think the Ocean looks nicer.

Pros: Cooled Seats, lots of included stuff (just choose trim level, no other optional features), blind spot cameras on screen, high quality buttons, nice interior, 3 years free charging on EA.

Cons: Range is low, no Frunk (tied with Ocean), 10 second performance boost is a crutch, from the rear looks like an econo-hatch.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Speedometer Sky Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
740 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coincidentally, I just read this review. They liked it but had some issues. Visually, I find it odd looking. I much prefer the Kia EV6 of the trio (I just saw one last week. Pretty nice).
Yes, it has some odd aspects to the exterior. The "V" trim shape on the C pillar just bugs me. Overall, I do like the interior - no piano black plastic. The EV6 has a more techno modern exterior/interior. I love the EV6 front, but don't like the rear at all.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
740 Posts
Yes, it has some odd aspects to the exterior. Overall, I do like the interior - no piano black plastic. The EV6 has a more techno modern exterior/interior. I love the EV6 front, but don't like the rear at all.
The interior of the GV60 doesn't work for me either. I like its use of color (Genesis is great at that) but it just doesn't hit me. No particular reason.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm actually pretty excited by this news. The GV60 is on my short list, along with the Hyundai Ioniq 5. I prefer the Ioniq to it's EV6 sibling, the styling just appeals to me more. Also a panoramic roof is on my list of must-haves for my next car and that's not available on the EV6.

But, the GV60 is probably my favorite of the 3, I really dig both the exterior and the interior. I know the styling won't be to everyone's taste, but I appreciate that they went for it rather than playing it safe like Audi did with the Q5 E-Tron (still like that car). I was afraid it would be out of my price range, but the Advanced trim is only a few thousand more than a fully loaded Ioniq 5 Limited AWD so I think it could still work for me.

I'm waiting until 2023 to buy regardless, but I'm glad I don't have to scratch this one off my list for now.

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
It looks amazing and I love the tech and interior but the GV60 won't initially be available for sale in all 50 states. Only a handful which sucks. It falls short in terms of range though. The premium cars in that price range can go over 300 miles on a charge.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
@MTN Ranger
The Genesis GV60 Advanced/Performance trim is pretty close in price ($58,890/$67,890) and features to the Ocean Ultra/Extreme. I think the Ocean looks nicer.
imho, these two EV’s will be cross-shopped
however the Ocean SUV a more masculine squarish design
the Genesis GV60 with its swoopy curves will find it attractive to the soccer moms

the only negative for the GV60 would be it’s smallish range of 400 km
the Genesis GV60 should be a market success if they can produce enough for the US (40,000-50,000)

Reactions: Baker and HotIce

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
605 Posts
@MTN Ranger

imho, these two EV’s will be cross-shopped
however the Ocean SUV a more masculine squarish design
the Genesis GV60 with its swoopy curves will find it attractive to the soccer moms

the only negative for the GV60 would be it’s smallish range of 400 km
the Genesis GV60 should be a market success if they can produce enough for the US (40,000-50,000)
Here in Canada the start price is $71k for Advanced and $79k for Performance model, too much expensive for what they have to offer. I don't like the interior looking too glamour and the cristal ball is not practical. Sorry but not my taste.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hadn't done enough research on the GV60, but figured it was another one to cross-shop while we wait patiently for our reserved Ocean. Design is different, but maybe it would grow on us.

Dat range, tho....

Based on numbers alone - both specs and price - I've yet to find a competitor that can go toe-to-toe with the Ocean.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Be careful with your gender stereotyping, lol. But I agree, the styling approaches are worlds apart.
I’m taking baby steps....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
@Baker
Here in Canada the start price is $71k for Advanced and $79k for Performance model
This will be price competitive (in Canada) to the Ocean Ultra and
Ocean Extreme

·
Registered
446 Posts
On paper this does not stack up to the Ocean (range/performance/features, etc) for the price. This was the EV I was most excited about when it was announced too. If it was about 55/60K the performance package, then maybe. Even then you would (probably - definitely in my area) have to deal with markups from dealers anyway...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
@FutureSurfer
deal with markups from dealers anyway...
Ahhh, the dealer “Market Adjustment” fee rears its ugly head!

Most EV shoppers, especially those on the Oceanforums, quickly realize
the marketing savvy, technical specifications and inherent beauty of the
Fisker Ocean is DEFINITELY more than the sum of its parts!

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like some of the interior more than the ocean. Like the steering wheel and having some knobs and buttons. But the exterior looks like it's from a pixar cartoon. Or a marshmellow car of some sort.
Agree with you about the exterior. Compared to all the other vehicles in Genesis' lineup the GV60 looks squished. Inside though it looks like a nice place to be in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The real world range is about 235-240 miles at 70mph which is similar to the BMW i4 M50(AWD). Frankly that’s too low with our shoddy CCS charging network in the US. I own a Mach-E GTPE with real world range is also around 230-240 miles on the highway and it basically lives on the charger on days it is used.

More disturbing is the sheer number of failures with the Performance trim. One dealership has 9 failed GV60s and another 6 failed ones. Even BMW had a brief stop sale with the i4 and iX due to battery recall so every first gen EV seem to have their issues (I.e EV6 speaker amps are failing at a high rate and warning sounds then become disabled).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts