Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well at least we know this on July 1 the forum will be super busy with all the information being copied and pasted in the forum for other to see lol. links or HTML code will work as well lol.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Of course, July doesn't necessarily mean July 1st.
I think Fisker mentioned that on July 1 early reservation holder have a chance to order the One. So I do believe on July 1 order banks open for people wanting to get the Ocean One Trim which means if anyone from the forum is able to order one they can copy paste, screenshot, and so on the configurators, standard equipment, and so on but we all know the Extreme and One come fully loaded but perhaps it will show costs of the options?

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Fisker mentioned that on July 1 early reservation holder have a chance to order the One. So I do believe on July 1 order banks open for people wanting to get the Ocean One Trim which means if anyone from the forum is able to order one they can copy paste, screenshot, and so on the configurators, standard equipment, and so on but we all know the Extreme and One come fully loaded but perhaps it will show costs of the options?
I hope that you're right. I don't want a One, but I do want the Extreme. Even though they're fully loaded, I'll still need a roof rack as an accessory. Actually, I might be interested in the Ultra if I could get the full range of Intelligent Pilot abilities that the Extreme will have. That's my main reason for wanting it. I don't need a top of the line audio system or solar roof.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know I've said it multiple times, but EVERYTHING in regards to options, OTA purchases, real world performance, etc. should already be out there. I could get a ONE or an EXTREME, but I'm not looking to spend that kind of money honestly. But the only option I and many others are going to have right now is take a ONE. If the options I want are going to bring an ULTRA closer to the ONE/EXTREME and I wouldn't have the wait time, maybe I'd go up a trim level. But if we don't know the prices on those items, how does Fisker expect us to make an educated decision on a purchase of this expense?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I hope that you're right. I don't want a One, but I do want the Extreme. Even though they're fully loaded, I'll still need a roof rack as an accessory. Actually, I might be interested in the Ultra if I could get the full range of Intelligent Pilot abilities that the Extreme will have. That's my main reason for wanting it. I don't need a top of the line audio system or solar roof.
Yes I would love to have the Extreme but that is a lot more than I can afford to pay monthly even if I use a Flexee Lease. So the Ultra it is for me with the option added of the Fi-CoPilot system added that is really all I would need optional lol.

I think this comes from the 1 time I rented a Tesla and it had the EAP which is now FSD without 1 or 2 items on it I loved it and wish I had a vehicle with it. It made driving to Pasadena thru LA traffic so much easier and I was not as restless when I arrived.

So I am waiting for pricing or how much it would cost as a subscription service with the Flexee Lease as well cause that might be the only way I can even afford the Ultra. I know prices will go up in 2024 which is when I may be able to get my Ocean if I go thru with my reservation that I redid last month lol. By that time my car will still have 1.5years left owed on it and will be a good time to trade it in if buying Ocean or take it to Carmax to sell it to them. Right now they are offering 3K more than what is Payoff so I am hoping it will stay within 3 - 5k over pay off by the time I am ready for the Ocean.

My car now is 2020 Subaru Outback with 13K miles lol. So Low mileage is not a problem here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just heard this over on the FB group.

"Fisker Inc. 2022 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (Virtual)" call which ended around an hour ago Henrik Fisker confirmed a new 3D configurator with ALL the options and prices will go online in mid-October."

Well, that's just a little late IMO.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
Fisker will not have a problem signing up all 5000 Ocean Ones. The people that are hesitant should just wait until October/November. Personally, if I get the chance to order the One, I will without hesitation.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just heard this over on the FB group.

"Fisker Inc. 2022 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (Virtual)" call which ended around an hour ago Henrik Fisker confirmed a new 3D configurator with ALL the options and prices will go online in mid-October."

Well, that's just a little late IMO.
Wow. That's cutting it close. I'm around number 40,000 on the reservation list, so I've got time. For the early adopters though...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow. That's cutting it close. I'm around number 40,000 on the reservation list, so I've got time. For the early adopters though...
Fisker will not have a problem signing up all 5000 Ocean Ones. The people that are hesitant should just wait until October/November. Personally, if I get the chance to order the One, I will without hesitation.
There's a lot of people that put down early reservations that weren't planning on a $70,000 vehicle. And with the current state of the economy and costs of everyday items, I'm thinking there's a lot of people that are rethinking any large purchases like this. Some apparently just have stupid play money to throw around.

And for me it's not hesitation. I mean I've been on this roller coaster since it started. What it is though is just wanting to know the details and costs and everything associated with this purchase. If my optioned ULTRA costs as much as the EXTREME, I'd get the EXTREME. But how am I supposed to be able to quantify that decision without knowing what the other options cost?

I just don't think it's fair play for Fisker to basically be saying, "Take a ONE or EXTREME or just wait til we get to you approach." Why can't they give out the costs of the options, etc. unitl mid-late Oct?

I also fully expect that if they have the reservations that some are suggesting, they'll keep pushing all of the early reservists that want an ULTRA or SPORT further down the line.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
214 Posts
Maybe I’m the last guy who gets the system…. But this ability to order the One starting on July 1st has really confused me. I mean, if you already reserved an Ocean, then how is it that you can now order a One on July 1st? What about all us early reservation holders?

Then I started reading here about them calling us. But it still didn’t make sense to me. So I emailed Fisker and like always :))) someone got right back to me. And here’s what my case advisor said:

“The production and first deliveries of the Fisker Ocean will begin in November of 2022.
When you place a reservation, it puts you in the queue for the vehicle to be manufactured to your specifications. We will be contacting reservation holders as their reservations move up the queue to finalize configurations and choose desired trim level options. Reservations are general until we confirm orders which will begin in July. Once built, the vehicles will be delivered directly to consumers.
(The configurator does not reflect what you have reserved at this time. It is just for information purposes that tell you what is currently available for the Fisker Ocean).

We will not have franchised dealers. Delivery timing may vary. We will share more information on delivery timing and locations closer to launch, so please stay tuned.” <

Okay so now I‘m guessing that means that no one can order a One from under you (your reservation queue). Your reservation number gives you first priority, when they call and ask your build preferences. Its just that it’s official on July 1st that the process will begin for Fisker to begin contacting people. Maybe this has all been understood by everyone else?

For me, it sounded like your reservation just meant for everything else, and official One orders started on July 1st. Did that sound confusing to anyone else? :unsure:

But the conclusion is that it does sound like orders can official for the One if someone reserved today, but there’s like 45,000 people in front of you to make their choice of a One first. Another conclusion could be I’m just really slow at understanding things 🤪

·
Registered
371 Posts
There's a lot of people that put down early reservations that weren't planning on a $70,000 vehicle. And with the current state of the economy and costs of everyday items, I'm thinking there's a lot of people that are rethinking any large purchases like this. Some apparently just have stupid play money to throw around.

And for me it's not hesitation. I mean I've been on this roller coaster since it started. What it is though is just wanting to know the details and costs and everything associated with this purchase. If my optioned ULTRA costs as much as the EXTREME, I'd get the EXTREME. But how am I supposed to be able to quantify that decision without knowing what the other options cost?

I just don't think it's fair play for Fisker to basically be saying, "Take a ONE or EXTREME or just wait til we get to you approach." Why can't they give out the costs of the options, etc. unitl mid-late Oct?

I also fully expect that if they have the reservations that some are suggesting, they'll keep pushing all of the early reservists that want an ULTRA or SPORT further down the line.
I totally agree with your sentiment. Here are my 2¢.

For some, no question, they will take a ONE if offered (@MTN Ranger). I don't think Fisker will have trouble finding 5000 for that, I just wonder how far down the line will they go. If 40% want an extreme, and with no attrition, that suggests it will take 12,500 people to fill the 5000 ONE cars. Is there any reason to take an Extreme instead of One? Maybe if you want the 20" wheels?

For others, like me, I'm fairly certain I'll take an Ultra and add the options I want, and can afford. Fisker waiting until October to open a configurator is fine for us regular folks. They are basically saying if you want a One you better take it if offered. If you aren't sure, then you should wait to see the full configurator. As the saying goes, "fortune favors the bold"

@Deafsoundguy I think you've got it now. That's how the rest of us understand it. They will work through the reservation queue asking people to select a One and firm up the order until they have 5000. Basically it depends on how many early reservations are not looking for an Extreme trim to see how far down the list they get.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I totally agree with your sentiment. Here are my 2¢.

For some, no question, they will take a ONE if offered (@MTN Ranger). I don't think Fisker will have trouble finding 5000 for that, I just wonder how far down the line will they go. If 40% want an extreme, and with no attrition, that suggests it will take 12,500 people to fill the 5000 ONE cars. Is there any reason to take an Extreme instead of One? Maybe if you want the 20" wheels?

For others, like me, I'm fairly certain I'll take an Ultra and add the options I want, and can afford. Fisker waiting until October to open a configurator is fine for us regular folks. They are basically saying if you want a One you better take it if offered. If you aren't sure, then you should wait to see the full configurator. As the saying goes, "fortune favors the bold"

@Deafsoundguy I think you've got it now. That's how the rest of us understand it. They will work through the reservation queue asking people to select a One and firm up the order until they have 5000. Basically it depends on how many early reservations are not looking for an Extreme trim to see how far down the list they get.
I agree on the 5000 being met as well. I just think telling everyone else to hang tight til right before SOP about the pricing is shady. It's just like going through the line at the store and you impulse buy something. They have probably figured out that the longer people have to think about it, the higher probability that they won't opt for those $2500 wheels (guessing) or heated seats............and then they can charge you more as an OTA purchase when you decide you do want the winter package. So what do we think is going to happen in Oct-Nov when the configurator goes online for the other 5-40,000 reservists? Is it going to be first come, first served or just an online free for all for whomever gets their 'order' completed? I mean your position now really hasn't put you in anything other than a first refusal spot.

It's just irritating that the reservation position didn't really mean anything at this point in the process. I don't care what everyone is going to say about them having to make money to survive so they have to build the high end trims first............fine build the ONEs, but to tell everyone that doesn't want the EXTREME after that to go sit and wait is not good customer relations business IMO. And I know some are projecting 80,000 reservations, blah, blah, blah.........we'll see how it goes after SOP and deliveries actually start to get completed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't like the "highest trim first" too, but I hope they will respect the reservation list.
I mean, they ask you which trim you want and then they will deliver the car as soon as it's ready and it's your turn.

It's like we have four different office counters in front of which they will create four different lines asking us where we want to go.
The One line will start first, then Extreme and last Ultra and Sport.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
It's not as much as reservation placement doesn't mean anything, but it is secondary to the trim. If you are an early reservation holder but want the Sport variant, you will need to wait while they produce the other variants but then will be a the top of the list once they start production of the Sport. For the One, Henrik mentioned in the shareholder meeting yesterday that they will be reaching out to customers in batches and they will have 7 days to confirm the purchase.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's not as much as reservation placement doesn't mean anything, but it is secondary to the trim. If you are an early reservation holder but want the Sport variant, you will need to wait while they produce the other variants but then will be a the top of the list once they start production of the Sport. For the One, Henrik mentioned in the shareholder meeting yesterday that they will be reaching out to customers in batches and they will have 7 days to confirm the purchase.
Unless you are one of the people that are being told to wait, I don't think you can fully understand the frustration a lot of us are feeling about this process. I'm pretty sure I'll be at the front of the line for an Ultra with a Nov '19 reservation whenever they get done with all of the Extremes. Whenever that will be. I fully expect to hear that someone who puts in an order the day before SOP for an Extreme will be able to get it before the Ultras are started. I mean why would they stop making them if they need to get money. I have serious doubts that they are going to lock that number at 40 or 45K whatever it was if they know they have other high-end orders out there to fill.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
I know it can be frustrating, but Fisker's process is similar to Tesla/Rivian/Lucid reservations. You have a spot in line. The most expensive cars are delivered first. When they get to you in line, you have the option to get the most expensive, if not you will have to wait until it becomes available later.

I reserved my Model 3 in April 2016 probably about 300k position in line. For the first six months starting June 2017, Tesla employees and West Coast reservationists had first dibs on cars - even if they were later in line. On March 31, 2018, I got contacted to place an order. I placed it and got the car on May 17, 2018. There were over 75 people in front of me in line at the local service center. But I think a lot were waiting for the $35k version - that barely came out a year after I got my car. So, in essence I jumped ahead since I ordered the $51k version.

The same thing happens at Rivian. If you want the double motor short range R1T pickup, you will have to wait at least a year or two. You want the $70k Lucid instead of the $160k version, you are going to have to wait another year or two. That's just how it works, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts