Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This news was mentioned in one thread, but I think it's important enough for its own.

GM, EVGO and Pilot planning to install 2000 CCS chargers at Pilot and Flying J travel centers around the US. GM and EVGO already had a joint agreement to do 2700 DC chargers, this is an expansion. The 2000 chargers will be at 500 locations which is pretty significant for highway interstate travel - where CCS has been lagging. For example in my state, most of the CCS charging is in cities, not the best for long distance travel. I think the travel centers are critical since they are 24/7 facilities. Anyone with EV traveling experience knows that charging at a supermarket that is closed, isn't that great when you need to stop after hours.

GM, EVgo, and Pilot will install 2,000 fast chargers at travel centers

I suggest a new forum subgroup be created for EV charging infrastructure discussion.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
326 Posts
I’m not aware of any Pilots by me but any expansion is good. My concern is 2000 chargers in 500 locations - 4 chargers per location is just not enough; it’s fine today but will quickly be insufficient for how many EVs will be on the road. Tesla is doing locations with 100 chargers and they think 4 is fine?

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m not aware of any Pilots by me but any expansion is good. My concern is 2000 chargers in 500 locations - 4 chargers per location is just not enough; it’s fine today but will quickly be insufficient for how many EVs will be on the road. Tesla is doing locations with 100 chargers and they think 4 is fine?
Well, it is always a compromise when building infrastructure. I would rather them map out 500 good interstate locations and build 4 chargers each. Then over time they can expand the number of stalls at each site. But you have to start somewhere. Tesla is doing the same thing (but on a bigger scale: existing 6-12 stalls getting expanded to 12 to 24).

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts