Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
New member I have been following Fisker Ocean since December. I've been doing EV research for about a year. We NEED to stop driving an ICE. Soo with that in mind we test drove a Tesla Y and was underwhelmed. It was a LR AWD. Next came the Ioniq 5 RWD (we need long range as my wife drives 280 miles every Friday). I've also done research on The Aryia ,it's RWD with a reasonable range with FWD. but I'm truly rooting for Fisker Ocean Ultra trim, hoping that the winter package is reasonably priced and includes a heat pump and heated seats.It cheeks all the boxes LR AWD .We made our Ocean reservation on 12/28/21, and jumped on the PEAR the day reservations were accepted. "I want to believe"...For those who know you know for other's it's the X Files.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
@Heynowirv
Great to see y'all from Bethany Beach, Delaware!
Looks like a great place for my first Fisker Ocean road trip.

You surely have done your EV research and landed on he incomparable Ocean.
Thx for comin aboard!
Sky Water People on beach Natural environment Beach

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Heynowirv

Thx for comin aboard!
View attachment 312
Come on down, growing up (I'm 68) we made many trips to Toronto ,had a lot of family in the Downsview area,I remember expo 68'....Fond memories, and then there was the Strawberry Fields music festival in Mosport Downs?Summer of 1970.
More recently my wife and I have gone to Niagara-On-The Lake in late spring for the Shaw Festival. Love it up there.

·
Registered
716 Posts
@Heynowirv
Might take up your offer!
NOTL is such a pretty town!
1 hour from Mississauga
I remember my first F1 race @ Mosport
Park in the 70’s with Sir Jackie Stewart
Niki Lauda & other notable F1 greats

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
301 Posts
Come on down, growing up (I'm 68) we made many trips to Toronto ,had a lot of family in the Downsview area,I remember expo 68'....Fond memories, and then there was the Strawberry Fields music festival in Mosport Downs?Summer of 1970.
More recently my wife and I have gone to Niagara-On-The Lake in late spring for the Shaw Festival. Love it up there.
Oh yes Niagara on the Lake, so nice place for food and wine 🍷🍴
Welcome on the forum.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yes Niagara on the Lake, so nice place for food and wine 🍷🍴
Welcome on the forum.
Thank you! And cycling.You can spend a whole day riding from vineyard to vineyard ,and we have. So much fun.My wife and I were talking recently how we would love to go back. Are we allowed back into Canada?

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
301 Posts
Thank you! And cycling.You can spend a whole day riding from vineyard to vineyard ,and we have. So much fun.My wife and I were talking recently how we would love to go back. Are we allowed back into Canada?
The restrictions are still heavy for now but we expext it those will be released soon. Check on Canada.com for more info.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
@Heynowirv

Thx for comin aboard!
View attachment 312
On your way to Bethany Beach, stop by Philly and say Hi. Or maybe I'll join you in BB.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Neighbors.What Ocean did you reserve ,or are you on the fence.
Not so much on the fence, but waiting for a road test or 2, and more importantly, safety scores. The more I hang out here, but more itchy my reserve finger is getting. I want the Extreme mainly because it'll have the fully functional digital radar. Probably in Blue Planet, although Big Sur Blue has my attention too, and Sea Salt interior for the contrast. My car has only a bit over 67,000 miles on it, so I can be patient.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes, after doing research in December on Fisker the man and the companies mission statement and the companies he has involved in building the Ocean we decided that we both felt good about the company and could afford to invest some. How about you?
I do! I was more enthusiastic than my investment councilor, but he eventually came around. He also bought me some Tesla some time ago. I think I had Lucid for a while, but not Rivian. I'm not totally sure about those. I keep hoping that by the time I'm ready to buy, my Fisker stock will be enough to pay for the Ocean.

·
Registered
716 Posts
On your way to Bethany Beach, stop by Philly and say Hi. Or maybe I'll join you in BB.
@baydreamer @Heynowirv
This sounds like a fabulous plan!
Just did a google maps route and its 940 km (560 miles) and 9.5 hours drive! My wife and I are in!

I will bring my gravel bike and hopefully @Heynowirv got some nice routes....Or we'll just ride the coast!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts