Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my Bolt back to Chevy in December, and got a 2-year lease on a Kia Niro EV to tide me over as everyone launches new models and brands this year and next. Reserved an Ocean. Hopeful they will deliver before my lease runs out.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
746 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I live relatively close (a suburb of Philly) and am planning on visiting Annapolis sometime soon. Not to mention other MD spots down the road. Looking forward to driving to them in an Ocean.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why Fisker?

I want to be able go car-camping, so I need a vehicle large enough for me sleep in. Just for a night at a time, say, before a backpacking trip. Not a lot of DC fast chargers in the mountain areas of the Northeast, so I might need to camp all night at a Level 2 charger, for example. They are starting to pop up at state parks, for example.

I need high-amp USB-C to power my laptop. I also want 110V AC. I might bring a small cooktop for camping. So the 110V power should be available by means of a socket inside the car and V2L outside.

I also require true one-pedal driving because it is simply the best way to control a car's speed. My Bolt got it right, but I didn't like the prospect of burning down my house, so now I have a Kia Niro EV, which gets it wrong. I have to hold the stupid paddle to get the car to stop or use two-pedal driving.

The Rivian R1S hits all my requirements, but is too big and too expensive.

The Fisker Ocean still has many unknowns, but I'm hopeful.

I would rather have a rear wiper than a rear window that rolls down. I will never use California mode. But if the Ocean can meet my other needs, I will be happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts