Fisker Ocean Forum banner

Hello from Canada! 🇨🇦

3K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  GreyDuck 
Hey y'all!

Jason here... from Toronto/Hamilton, Ontario, Canada where the Magna headquarters hails from! 🇨🇦🚀

I reserved an Ocean on May 14, 2021 and preordered my beloved Ocean One on July 8. I cannot wait for it to deliver. I am counting down the days!

Congrats to all that have managed to preorder a One! 🙌🏽

For those that are also on the Fiskerati forums, my username is also: jScorpio

Best,
Jason
Welcome aboard Jason, hope that you will get your ONE soon!!!

Yes, I've read that. I've also read that Henrik is looking into adding more Sports and Ultras to the first year production schedule, but has said nothing firm on that.

Personally, I think it's a mistake to cater to the high end models first, after the Ones of course. Obviously those should come first. Beyond that, more people want the lower 2 than the top one, as evidenced by how the Sport and Ultra are already sold out for 2023 but the Extreme isn't (and this is of course true with any manufacturer). Plus, that's just for the US orders is how I understand it. No one at Fisker has said anything about how or when the Canadian or European orders will be filled, or how many they are currently scheduling for production in the first year. It could be none. You could be number 1 on the list for an Extreme in Canada and still not get yours until after every order in the US has been filled. Without having some published plan, we don't know if they are going to ship all of the first 40,000 to the US, or if they're going to split those among all orders. I know they haven't said it's first come first served, but it really should be. Reward those that have supported the company the longest first. Put people who put down their money in 2019 at the front. Put people like me toward the back. But people who are just learning about this car last week in New York definitely shouldn't be able to get theirs months or potentially a year before I do just because they want an Extreme and I want an Ultra. What's the point of a reservation system if it's not first come first served or at least something close to that?

This is my ultimate point: there are a ton of potential customers our there that have paid their reservation fees and have no idea when their cars are expected to be built. It's a misstep on Fisker's part, in my opinion. And obviously, I'm aware Fisker has no reason to care about my dumb opinion. So I'll wait, but it would still be nice to know something official instead of having to make educated guesses.

/TedTalk
One thing you need to consider is that Henrik has confirmed that the first 40,000 will remain at the same price as now and then the prices should increase. I believe he will deliver everyone on this list first regardless of trim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.