Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m interested in the Fisker as an alternative to my Model 3 (SR+) for its range (so I’d need to get the longer range option), it’s hauling space (I’m a handy person and am always moving something bulky), and hopefully it’s ability to do V2H….with the solar roof this could be a super-valuable functionality. We’ve had a couple of power outages where I live and if my car can be part fo that solution I’m listening! But truth be told, my final reason for waiting on the Ocean is that it’s going to be my plan B if my BMW i4 order does not play out. So I‘m on both lists now. There’s qutie a bit to work out between now and delivery so we shall see!

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
@WhyNot2022
Hey Nutmegger, Welcome to the Fisker World!
Big decision on choosing your new EV, but hopefully you'll be swayed to the Ocean!

Let me tempt you a wee bit....
Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light
Water Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle
Ii

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
@WhyNot2022

P.S. Fisker Ocean CATL battery facts:
An 80 KWh "high-capacity" pack using lithium nickel manganese cobalt (NMC) chemistry
Charging Speed: up to 250 kw
Maximum Range 340 miles

The Ocean will be able to add around 100 miles range in under eight minutes and an 80% charge in under 30 minutes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey - it's a gorgeous car, and on paper VERY compelling. If it's the case that I can get my hands on the Ultra Trim, in blue inside and out, and it can go 350 miles....for $50K before the tax incentive, I'm in! But I fear both that the pricing might change, and that when you start adding the solar roof and long range battery it will start to look like an $80K SUV. At that point BMW all day....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey - it's a gorgeous car, and on paper VERY compelling. If it's the case that I can get my hands on the Ultra Trim, in blue inside and out, and it can go 350 miles....for $50K before the tax incentive, I'm in! But I fear both that the pricing might change, and that when you start adding the solar roof and long range battery it will start to look like an $80K SUV. At that point BMW all day....
@WhyNot2022 Good MOrning I am from Cali and the Ocean with all the bells and whistles I think is maxed out at $70k I will put the link for the configurator but if you got a reservation then you already know. But those prices are in fact the prices the vehicle will be. The benefit of the Fisker is their FLEXEE Lease option which allows you to basically just rent the car for however long you would like with a small $3k down payment (well 2750). However, I think since if you do tend to lease they will throw the tax credit towards the price of the car as the financial institution will be getting the credit. The FLEXEE LEase is a good option as you have a 30k mile a year limit on the car and all maintaining of the vehicle will probably be done by Fisker 3rd party but we are guessing will be Firestone/Bridgestone Auto since they have a contract with them for the Tires.

PS The Solar Roof only available on the top 2 tier vehicles Extreme and Extreme One Launch Edition. These are $68k. The Ultra $50K. Sport is $35k all before tax credit of 7500. So can get an Ocean for under $30k for base model. I will try and get the Ultra since it has the most range of I think 350 miles. No need for solar for me even though I would love to have it but is not needed. Remember the range is just estimates as they have not gone thru the EPA tests as of yet to get the official number. The crash tests and EPA tests will be coming up in the next 4 months or so. As I do believe these tests have to be done before the vehicles can be sold/delivered to customers.

Fiskers WEbpage

Fisker Configurator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is super helpful S7! I did reserve, but that process did not provide any clarity on the trim level…I think it said that comes later. If it’s the case that solar roof is only available in the extreme or higher, and that’s at $70k it might still be compelling…assuming 350 or better of range. I just find how Fisker is putting out the information challenging to summarize.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The 350 mile is only on RWD Ultra the rest is lower than will find the numbers and post

Ps I was wrong this info is from the FAQ on their site

What is the EPA mileage of the Fisker Ocean?
According to our simulations, the Sport trim will have a range of 250 miles, the Ultra trim of 340 miles, and the Extreme trim and Ocean One of 350+ miles.

As for how info is being passed it's because they do not want to release too much at once then the hype will be gone for vehicle. Plus they will have all info released by October as that's when production cars start their builds. Until then they pass little tides bits here and their to gradually release info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.