Fisker Ocean Forum banner

Hello from Vancouver !

3K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Roland 
#1 ·
New to Fisker, excited with what I see and here to catch up.

Entry point was this sneak peak video, a cozy and inspiring introduction to the Ocean here. This is a great fit for our next vehicle once the pandemic eases should we be going back to 2 cars.

Looking strongly at Ocean Ultra. Looking at the company for investment.

Currently own a 2019 Tesla Model 3 w ~42000 kms we've had since new

#2 ·
Another Canuck! HOORAY!
Roland, those Tesla's are meant to be driven.....mines got 119,000 pampered km

Reactions: Roland
#7 ·
Welcome to the group from a non-Canuck. I've been wanting to visit Vancouver and BC in general for years. This is a really fun forum. Lots of enthusiasm. I invested in Fisker probably a month ago. I kept bringing it up to my financial advisor who didn't think it was the right time to invest when I first mentioned it.

#9 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome! Yeah I see the enthusiasm and open honest interest on something new and innovative and loooving it. Let's keep that positivity up.

Gosh, our financial advisor has been so wrong on anything innovative and disruptive, like I see Fisker. Looking to make my own call here and share some thoughts and research.

I'm not a financial advisor myself, I work as a Senior Software Engineer and not at Fisker or any competitor. Lastly, I have never shorted a stock in my life, so any incentive behind my comments would only be to uplift FSR, and clarify for others with possibly the same questions and interest.

:geek:

#10 ·
Gosh, our financial advisor has been so wrong on anything innovative and disruptive, like I see Fisker. Looking to make my own call here and share some thoughts and research.
Mine also seems somewhat conservative. We socialize every so often (I'm not sure I'd call him a friend; more like a friendly acquaintance) but in general he's rather conservative. Perhaps that goes with the territory of being a financial advisor. Mostly I'm happy with it, financially speaking at least. But I see loads of potential with Fisker in the next few years. I'm happy taking a risk in this case. Henrik seems like an outside the box thinker. I used to be a big fan of Saab before GM wrecked them. I think I'm seeing a bit of Saab here.

#11 ·
But I see loads of potential with Fisker in the next few years.
Totally. The Ocean and PEAR (Pear?) alone, and I like what I see for an overall model. It's how I justify using disruptive as a descriptor despite the EV being now a forgone conclusion. Not every car is the same. Not every car company is the same. This looks to be an asset-light tech company.

Innovation implies speed of iteration, to me. The Fisker overall model fully supports this from what I can see so far. And that's not a risky model -- every Apple product says "designed in California" on it, manufactured elsewhere.

#13 ·
I was listening to an interview with Henrik a few weeks ago and he was asked about the Karma. He said that the problem was that he was too early in bringing out that car. People didn't know what the plug was for and didn't use it (it was a plug-in hybrid, in case anyone wasn't following him back then) and I think that people were just driving with the engine. Also, the wood was reclaimed. People weren't thinking about those things back then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.