Fisker Ocean Forum banner

Henrik Fisker Interview at the Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  FutureSurfer 
#1 ·
Henrik Fisker interview at Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference - June 14 2022

#4 ·
I was surprised to hear Henrik talking about the possibility of using Lidar in the PEAR. From what I've read, Lidar seems like it'll see a objects at a farther distance and smaller objects than digital radar, but my impression is that the radar will be significantly cheaper and still be extremely impressive. Maybe that will change in a couple of years. Still, the digital radar is such a new technology that I'm surprised that he's already talking beyond that.

#7 ·
I have been confused for a while about order of production after the One. And this added to that. In the interview Fisker mentions that the base trim will be likely begin production in late 2023. Then specifically refers to Sport as the base trim. So will the mix production of Ultra and Extreme after the first 5,000?

#8 ·
Nobody knows but I expect after the 5000 of model One they will produce Extreme for about 27,000 and switch to Ultra on June/July and finish with Sport at the end of the year. They have to produce the 40,000 with price frozen in 2023, of course I could be wrong.

#10 ·
He was pretty clear saying that the first 40,000 reservation holders won't see a price increase... that doesn't mean you won't have to wait for a Sport or an Ultra until after some Extremes are made for people behind you on the reservation list - it just means that when they make your car, they'll honor the price at the time you reserved it. (At least, that's how I read it.) It would be nice if they did what you suggest, but I suspect from a profit making as well as a manufacturing simplicity reason, they'll start out making only Ones, then make only Extremes for a while, then eventually mix in other variants. (VW did this with the ID.4 - first they only made RWD models then later mixed in AWD.) So, while I'm confident I can get an Ultra for the advertised price, I'm not holding my breath on when it will arrive...

#11 ·
Yeah, In general I think I'll be able to get the price. In particular because of the spot in line I currently have. But Fisker has walked back on a lot of things he promised. Experience centers were supposed to open in the summer but now they won't arrive till the fall right before deliveries are scheduled to begin. Journalist reviews have been pushed back. UI won't be ready until the fall either. More than anything I think early adopters should have the trim they want according to their place in line. I can perhaps understand not including the Sport trims in this mix because there are significant differences. But between Extreme & Ultras the differences are slimmer.

#12 ·
@bronco7777 I agree as well about why not release the different trims to those early reservation holders for Extreme and Ultra. I am thinking their is nothing cosmetically different between them except for maybe wheels and tires. Which means the difference is mostly all software which is done with software updates or limited by a software update. So I understand the need to sell the more expensive cars first but however, I think those first 40k reservation holders should be able to get what ever trim they would like to have and at the cheaper price point. I use to be a 2019 reservation holder but cancelled it in 2020 when they postponed the delivery and extra year which thru it off when my lease would be up so I just recently re did my reservation again so I know im on the newer reservation side that will be paying the higher price for the vehicle.

PS. On a side note and this will be only time I bring this up in this thread Anyone see that GM will be revealing the Equinox EV next month. I know I will take a look at it and they saying with the Ultimum batteries it should do over 300+ miles. Someone posted that they saw at 50% SOC it was showing 235.

#15 ·
@bronco7777 I agree as well about why not release the different trims to those early reservation holders for Extreme and Ultra. I am thinking their is nothing cosmetically different between them except for maybe wheels and tires. Which means the difference is mostly all software which is done with software updates or limited by a software update. So I understand the need to sell the more expensive cars first but however, I think those first 40k reservation holders should be able to get what ever trim they would like to have and at the cheaper price point. I use to be a 2019 reservation holder but cancelled it in 2020 when they postponed the delivery and extra year which thru it off when my lease would be up so I just recently re did my reservation again so I know im on the newer reservation side that will be paying the higher price for the vehicle.

PS. On a side note and this will be only time I bring this up in this thread Anyone see that GM will be revealing the Equinox EV next month. I know I will take a look at it and they saying with the Ultimum batteries it should do over 300+ miles. Someone posted that they saw at 50% SOC it was showing 235.
It's actually the Blazer SS EV that's being shown on July 18th, not the Equinox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.