Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why Fisker won’t need to raise prices until it has pricing power
Things are different at Fisker. The company is future forward and has a disruptive business model. As explained by Henrik, Fisker Inc is a digital mobility company with a vehicle OTA (over the air) lifetime business model that benefits from recurring revenue. The company is not your typical car manufacturer. So what does that mean? It all begins with the Fisker Flexee Lease, a revolutionary way for customers to get their next sustainable electric vehicle. Let us explain...Read more: Henrik Fisker: We’re Not Raising Prices, Fisker’s Business Model Explained

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,155 Posts
@Fiskerati
thx for this golden nugget…

Henrik Fisker says (March 4, 2022):
”We do NOT need to increase our prices at launch or right after.
Know how, locked in supplier pricing & great partners. “

This is especially comforting after the Rivian pricing shock
and their reversal (to existing Reservation Holders) before March 1, 2022

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
@Fiskerati
thx for this golden nugget…

Henrik Fisker says (March 4, 2022):
”We do NOT need to increase our prices at launch or right after.
Know how, locked in supplier pricing & great partners. “

This is especially comforting after the Rivian pricing shock
and their reversal (to existing Reservation Holders) before March 1, 2022
Yeah, saw this last night. Was getting a little paranoid considering what was going on with the Rivian mess. Henrik has put those fears to rest with his remarks yesterday. I was thinking that this confirmation of NO PRICE INCREASES from Fisker might have helped sort of stabilize the stock later on yesterday afternoon. In any event, it was a relief to know we weren't about to get hosed like the Rivian reservationist were!

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is great news. I do have one question regarding the lease program. The article mentioned one car could be leased to 4 drivers over 12 years maybe. If I'm leasing, there's no way I want to spend the same amount of money for a 9 year old lease as I would a brand new car. Maybe they will increase prices over time and keep the 2023 mods at 379? Or maybe with reconditioning and some effort from Fisker the car can appear brand new for the next customer. I'm curious to see how that works.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
613 Posts
This is great news. I do have one question regarding the lease program. The article mentioned one car could be leased to 4 drivers over 12 years maybe. If I'm leasing, there's no way I want to spend the same amount of money for a 9 year old lease as I would a brand new car. Maybe they will increase prices over time and keep the 2023 mods at 379? Or maybe with reconditioning and some effort from Fisker the car can appear brand new for the next customer. I'm curious to see how that works.
It is too early to get more details it should when they will open the orders in September.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
Well Bernie...short answer...I don't know. But yeah, there's no telling how many times that they could theoretically lease and re-lease a car. Suppose you saw the somewhere posted not long ago about the "4 drivers over 12 years" example. On the second and following re-leases, it would no longer be a "new" car and the lease amount per month would have to be reconfigured based on the current refurbished residual value of the car...assumedly at a lower value than the car was when new. Every new lease of the same vehicle to a new leasee would require the requisite...non prorated...$2,999 leasing fee as I understand it. Again, I don't know, but this would be my guess on how they might handle re-leases.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well Bernie...short answer...I don't know. But yeah, there's no telling how many times that they could theoretically lease and re-lease a car. Suppose you saw the somewhere posted not long ago about the "4 drivers over 12 years" example. On the second and following re-leases, it would no longer be a "new" car and the lease amount per month would have to be reconfigured based on the current refurbished residual value of the car...assumedly at a lower value than the car was when new. Every new lease of the same vehicle to a new leasee would require the requisite...non prorated...$2,999 leasing fee as I understand it. Again, I don't know, but this would be my guess on how they might handle re-leases.
I am a leaser for many years now, each lease are for 39 to 48 months so the $3,000/48 months cost me $750 a year which will be deducted from my monthly payment. I don't think that people will lease for 12 months or so, if you don't like it you probably could switch it to somebody else (contract transfer). We need to wait to get more details to take a final decision, it is really a new way of leasing!!!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
I am a leaser for many years now, each lease are for 39 to 48 months so the $3,000/48 months cost me $750 a year which will be deducted from my monthly payment. I don't think that people will lease for 12 months or so, if you don't like it you probably could switch it to somebody else (contract transfer). We need to wait to get more details to take a final decision, it is really a new way of leasing!!!
I think there would be a lot less confusion about this whole lease thing if they would stop calling it "Flexee Lease" and start calling it "Flexee Subscription." To me...it's much more like a subscription to something than a typical car lease!

·
Registered
38 Posts
If using the Flexee Lease (Subscription) Program Maintenance is covered for duration of your Lease (Subscription/Rental). However, we the consumer still be responsible for the insurance. Fisker did mention that like other EV companies well Tesla they will have a partner with an insurance company as well if you want to use their insurance company that you can get a quote thru their APP.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
744 Posts
Fisker announced the $37,499 US start price for the car back in 2020 and set the European entry price at 41,560 euros ahead of production start in November.
Fisker stood by those prices. "We are a digital mobility company with a vehicle OTA [over the air] lifetime business model. We do NOT need to increase our prices at launch or right after," Henrik Fisker wrote on Twitter on Friday.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,155 Posts
@UltraVol
Every new [Fisker Fkexee] lease of the same vehicle to a new leasee would require the requisite...non prorated...$2,999 leasing fee
Yes, this is correct.
Henrik has previously stated this Lease condition.

@Baker
one [Fisker Ocean] could be leased to 4 drivers over 12 years maybe. If I'm leasing, there's no way I want to spend the same amount of money for a 9 year old lease as I would a brand new car.
Fisker figured most folks will only Lease/Subscribe their vehicles for an average THREE years
Thus, they can turn over every Ocean four times in its lifetime of twelve years before recycling.

I believe the renewal Lease/Subscription on the 3 yr/6yr/9yr cycles will see a new
lower monthly fee.

For example,
1st Lessor: original 3 years @$379 / month + options
2nd Lessor (3-6 years) @ $349 / month + options
3rd Lessor (7-9 years) @ 319 / month + options
4th Lessor (10-12 years) @ $289 / month + options

Thus Lease/Subscription model would really encourage new EV owners to jump on board while saving substantial dollars

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
501 Posts
@Baker

Fisker figured most folks will only Lease/Subscribe their vehicles for an average THREE years
Thus, they can turn over every Ocean four times in its lifetime of twelve years before recycling.
[/QUOTE]

If the Ocean has a lifetime of 12 years it will be very, very sad indeed. The typical new vehicle stays on the road for almost twice that long (unless it is totaled along the way). The average age of a vehicle on the road in the US today is over twelve years old - that is the average age.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
744 Posts
My plan is to buy, and probably keep it until a major advance in battery technology. There isn't a week that goes by where I don't read about some major leap that some company is working on.

·
Registered
613 Posts
@Baker

If the Ocean has a lifetime of 12 years it will be very, very sad indeed. The typical new vehicle stays on the road for almost twice that long (unless it is totaled along the way). The average age of a vehicle on the road in the US today is over twelve years old - that is the average age.
[/QUOTE]
You are right. I won't be interested to lease a car of 6 years old with a little saving of $30/month (blue Angel proposal), why not to get it for sale only until recovery after 7 or 8 years old? There more and more project for recovery sites.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.