Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
1,063 Posts

· Registered
2013 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG w/ Performance Package | 2018 Audi SQ5 Techik
43 Posts
Ahhh.. honestly.. I think HF is missing the point of the question here... obviously the hot topic is price drop.. one contentious point that "Ashok" made is true tho, assuming his calc is correct.. is that of EV credits. I mean.. if you factor in the Tesla's price drop and also the EV credits, it now becomes a really compelling reason to ask why wait when you can have now.

· Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhh.. honestly.. I think HF is missing the point of the question here... obviously the hot topic is price drop.. one contentious point that "Ashok" made is true tho, assuming his calc is correct.. is that of EV credits. I mean.. if you factor in the Tesla's price drop and also the EV credits, it now becomes a really compelling reason to ask why wait when you can have now.

The question that nobody seems to be asking is: Compelling to whom? Maybe Fisker doesn't want the people that can't afford the car to buy one. While Tesla tries to lower the average sale price of their cars, Fisker wants their cars to average a much higher price point?

The market of people that won't drive a Tesla or repurchase a Tesla no matter what the price seems to be growing from the forum posts I'm seeing on various sites.

· Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ocean used to be competitively priced but not any more from yesterday.
I still think it's competitively priced. You get real blind spot assist, cameras all around the car, torque vectoring, a digital rearview mirror, and a host of other features that are just unavailable on a Tesla.

FSD is a joke and drives like a drunk 16-year-old that has their permit. Not worth a penny of the $15,000 you have to pay for it. To me, the Ocean is in fact worth it. I'd buy an Extreme at $75,000 over a Model Y at whatever price it is now. The car just looks significantly more premium to me.

· Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
1,063 Posts
Are you ready to swap for the Model Y too?!
Not ready to walk away from $5k. More than ready to walk from $250. But it is close. It would cost an additional $64k + 2.5k destination for Ocean One ($5k sunk cost). It is $60.5k for the Y LR with EAP. The One may still have a tax credit. Y will not for us. Close call. But neither here nor there, if you are on social media bragging about your 1,000 waitlisters for the ONE then why be so stingy with buyers who want to cancel?

· Registered
43 Posts
The question that nobody seems to be asking is: Compelling to whom? Maybe Fisker doesn't want the people that can't afford the car to buy one. While Tesla tries to lower the average sale price of their cars, Fisker wants their cars to average a much higher price point?

The market of people that won't drive a Tesla or repurchase a Tesla no matter what the price seems to be growing from the forum posts I'm seeing on various sites.
lol.. compelling to me.. :) and probably most of the layman out there that doesn't understand what's the difference between Fisker and Tesla because they are JUST a car.

I don't know about you guys in the US, but in Canada.. now the Fisker Ocean is $89.9K+tax meanwhile the Tesla Y is $73.5K. That's a $16K delta that really is asking question is the stuff HF is listing relevant? The CA Mode, Solar, Rotating Screen, taco trays, torque vectoring? Will a layman willing to pay an extra $16K+tax for these feature....

I know there are more Fisker offers.. but is it really worth the $16K PLUS the wait?

I am no Tesla fanboy.. and personally I also hate Elon Musk and his recent social media rants.. but you cannot dismiss the fact that Tesla -- as a product -- is price cheaper than Fisker and that will turn some potential customers to be consider Tesla again.

· Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol.. compelling to me.. :) and probably most of the layman out there that doesn't understand what's the difference between Fisker and Tesla because they are JUST a car.

I don't know about you guys in the US, but in Canada.. now the Fisker Ocean is $89.9K+tax meanwhile the Tesla Y is $73.5K. That's a $16K delta that really is asking question is the stuff HF is listing relevant? The CA Mode, Solar, Rotating Screen, taco trays, torque vectoring? Will a layman willing to pay an extra $16K+tax for these feature....

I know there are more Fisker offers.. but is it really worth the $16K PLUS the wait?

I am no Tesla fanboy.. and personally I also hate Elon Musk and his recent social media rants.. but you cannot dismiss the fact that Tesla -- as a product -- is price cheaper than Fisker and that will turn some potential customers to be consider Tesla again.

Honestly, to the general public, the deciding factor is probably going to be interior and exterior styling and if the car fits within their lifestyle.

· Registered
43 Posts
Not ready to walk away from $5k. More than ready to walk from $250. But it is close. It would cost an additional $64k + 2.5k destination for Ocean One ($5k sunk cost). It is $60.5k for the Y LR with EAP. The One may still have a tax credit. Y will not for us. Close call. But neither here nor there, if you are on social media bragging about your 1,000 waitlisters for the ONE then why be so stingy with buyers who want to cancel?
Don't know about you... but seriously thinking of getting into a Tesla TODAY.. and then wait for the Fisker...

And may be carry the two cars for may be 1-2 months... and if either one I don't like I can flip.. or flip the one that has higher value...

Worst case thinking here is.. Tesla with the price drop will likely now be a depreciating asset.. meanwhile when the Fisker actually come, it will be limited by production thereby yielding a higher aftermarket price... so WORST CASE is that I keep the Tesla and flip the Fisker....

I will be effed if Tesla depreciates in value.. AND Fisker is a dud.. then I'd be effed from both sides of my arse... :)

· Registered
43 Posts
Honestly, to the general public, the deciding factor is probably going to be interior and exterior styling and if the car fits within their lifestyle.
That's is true to an extent.. but I think price is still an important part of the equation. Especially when economic times are tight for most family. Remember, if you are on lease terms and such... the extra $16K (in the case of Canada) will be part of the borrowed cost.. i.e. you have pay interest on that delta.. so when you factor in all the financials.. it may be a bigger decision what we may think.

· Registered
32 Posts
Right now the Fisker team are of course going to be super defensive (in response to Tesla) as they are confident from the initial launch hype for the next few months. From their view they have a huge wait list of $250 deposits that they think are all going to convert on $60-75k Oceans.

When things are going to really matter is when these next-in-line Ultra and Extreme orders are asked/required to lock in with a larger concrete deposit and do not do so at the anticipated rate. (Perhaps because they don't care about the $250 and can instead save $15-20k while having an EV next month)

IMHO, that's the only time when we might see HF & team enjoying a slice of humble pie with the pricing and market strategy. 🥧

· Registered
43 Posts
Right now the Fisker team are of course going to be super defensive (in response to Tesla) as they are confident from the initial launch hype for the next few months. From their view they have a huge wait list of $250 deposits that they think are all going to convert on $60-75k Oceans.

When things are going to really matter is when these next-in-line Ultra and Extreme are asked/required to lock in with a larger concrete deposit and do not do so at the anticipated rate. (Perhaps because they don't care about the $250 and can instead save $15-20k while having an EV next month)

IMHO, that's the only time when we might see HF & team enjoying a slice of humble pie with the pricing and market strategy. 🥧
Well.. on the contrary to what I have been saying... I DO see why HF not waiting to drop the price on the Ocean -- and especially the Ocean One customers. And why would he? Its like dude.. I got your $250.... AND I got your $5000 (CAD$6500)... I pretty much got a sickle to your nuts.... so leave if you want to.. but it will hurt. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

· Registered
43 Posts
Honestly.. it takes 1 motivated individual to go seek a lawyer to look over the contract.. and that said lawyer to solicit enough plantiffs to start a class action. And more than likely... Fisker will bail out because its probably not worth their time to fight in court but instead refund the money....

sooooo with that said.. who's a lawyer here... lol... :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

· Registered
32 Posts
Morgan & Morgan: For the People 😂

For real though-- If there is truly a 1000 person waitlist then start charging cancellations a modest 10-15% penalty and let both parties move on with their life and Fisker makes a few extra bucks.

· Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

When things are going to really matter is when these next-in-line Ultra and Extreme orders are asked/required to lock in with a larger concrete deposit and do not do so at the anticipated rate. (Perhaps because they don't care about the $250 and can instead save $15-20k while having an EV next month)

I don't anticipate the lock in sum for the Extreme and One to be as large as the Ocean One. Henrik has said as much. I'm going to be honest, I think people are selling Fisker short. They're going to sell every single Ocean they make for the next year and a half minimum.

· Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
459 Posts
I think that statement could have a very true meaning to it.

Take Jaguar for example- a lot has happened in the last year for them. I got this from someone who’s worked for a Jag dealership for a long time: Jag has decided that basically they’re not looking at trying to be another car manufacturer all based on value when comparing like brands. They want to go back to the time when saying ”Jag” meant a car that was sexy, cool and different. Costs more to have a Jag, so if you have one, you’re more of an Elite (or well off A-hole 😃) and someone with couth and taste. You cheap basxxxxs, nah, go buy something else. Jag is increasing their prices and if you want one, you’re going to have to cough it up. So, in effect the same thing, they want average a higher price point.

We had a contract back last January to buy a fully loaded FPace, price was set and $5000 deposit. Then when it came time to lock build 7 months later, they up the price $5000🔩, like it’s our fault they’re not getting enough money. Needless to say that‘s why we have a new Q8 and not an FPace anymore

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.