Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Fisker Ocean Sport | Solar Orange | Black Abyss (?) | 20"
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucky me, I get to check out the Ocean next weekend! Already saw it at the LA Car Show, but I wasn't able to get inside. I'm one of the exceptional few who actually wants the Sport. Yes, I really like the Ultra, but I just can't justify paying $55K (when it's all said and done) for what will be mostly a short distance car for me and my dogs. I would like to get the Sport in either Silver Lining, Mariana, Orange or Green with Sea Salt interior. I would find it extremely disappointing if black interior was the only option for a California car, come on, Henrick! i am also hoping that the open back window will be an option. I've looked at some other EVs, mainly the BZ, but what was originally estimated to be a $36K car is now $42K, so pass. If the Sport isn't available until 2024 I may move on anyway. I'm not exactly sure what the point of reserving the car is when you actually can't get the model you want, but for now I remain hopeful. I love the cool design of the Ocean and the specs are very competitive!

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,155 Posts
@sbmica
Lucky me, I get to check out the Ocean next weekend!
You will be one of the few to see a real-life Fisker Ocean in the flesh!

The Sport is the thinking person EV choice since one gets
so much standard equipment in a fwd package

just be prepared to wait until 2024 for your dream EV

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
613 Posts
Lucky me, I get to check out the Ocean next weekend! Already saw it at the LA Car Show, but I wasn't able to get inside. I'm one of the exceptional few who actually wants the Sport. Yes, I really like the Ultra, but I just can't justify paying $55K (when it's all said and done) for what will be mostly a short distance car for me and my dogs. I would like to get the Sport in either Silver Lining, Mariana, Orange or Green with Sea Salt interior. I would find it extremely disappointing if black interior was the only option for a California car, come on, Henrick! i am also hoping that the open back window will be an option. I've looked at some other EVs, mainly the BZ, but what was originally estimated to be a $36K car is now $42K, so pass. If the Sport isn't available until 2024 I may move on anyway. I'm not exactly sure what the point of reserving the car is when you actually can't get the model you want, but for now I remain hopeful. I love the cool design of the Ocean and the specs are very competitive!
Here a video resuming what could be the delivery of different versions of the Ocean based on the actual reservations.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
501 Posts
Since the Ultra and the Sport use the LFP cells and the One & Extreme use NMC cells, timing on the models will likely have a lot to do with timing availability on the different cells from CATL.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
613 Posts
Since the Ultra and the Sport use the LFP cells and the One & Extreme use NMC cells, timing on the models will likely have a lot to do with timing availability on the different cells from CATL.
Ultra use the Lithium cells same as One and Extreme.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
501 Posts
Ultra use the Lithium cells same as One and Extreme.
Oh sorry, you are correct. I mis-read the press release. It is only the Sport that will use the LFP. Thanks for the correction

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
744 Posts
Welcome! I'm still waiting for my first live look. Hope that you take some photos, and maybe they'll let you sit inside the Ocean this time. From what you wrote, the Pear might be a good choice for you. Of course, that's not due until 2024, and there are no photos or specs yet. I'm with you for the Sea Salt interior. The other interiors are too dark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts