Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless I missed something, no one knows where the distribution centers will be. Now that we know the pick up price will be way more than $1000 more US (than the low miles charge), how far are you willing to go?

Id think once you get to a certain distance, “a favor“ isn’t going to cut it from a friend. My wife would be put out if I ask her to take me across town :mad: . That being said, she did take me from Portland to Tacoma once to pick up my XK, but boy did she complain…. :cautious:

Certainly not going to hitchhike. Taking a Uber or Lyft would be expensive and awkward. Train 🚂? I wouldn’t mind taking AmTrack. Who knows? Got a feeling that Seattle might be a place? That’s under 200 miles for me .

Then there’s driving it home with its range. One has to wonder :unsure: will it come depleted or “full” of electrons ? So, being prepared to use whatever charging protocol exists with whatever payment. I never have paid for charging ever, (my ELR just switches to gas), so not sure if I have to get an account going with a charging service just to drive home…..

Not complaining….just thinking ahead!

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
@Deafsoundguy
.... no one knows where the distribution centers will be.
Now that we know the pick up price will be way more than $1000 more US
(than the low miles charge), how far are you willing to go?
Glad you brought this up!
NYC (New York City) will be the second Fisker Experience Centre to open in the US.
January 2023 would probably be the earliest time but realistically I'm guessing April 1, 2023

As a Canadian Reservation Holder, I plan on visiting NYC sometime in July or August 2023 to pick up our brand new Fisker Ocean Ultra and make it a mini vacation!
Fly in and Drive out.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
741 Posts
@Deafsoundguy

NYC (New York City) will be the second Fisker Experience Centre to open in the US.
January 2023 would probably be the earliest time but realistically I'm guessing April 1, 2023

As a Canadian Reservation Holder, I plan on visiting NYC sometime in July or August 2023 to pick up our brand new Fisker Ocean Ultra and make it a mini vacation!
Fly in and Drive out.
That's not too far from me (I live in a suburb of Philadelphia). I've taken a train from here to NYC. I have no idea when to expect my Ocean (I reserved at around 40,000, but I'll want an Extreme unless all of the features of Intelligent Pilot will be available on the Ultra).

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
Do people think the "Fisker Delivery Centers" will be the same as the "Fisker Experience Centers"? My assumption is that the locations will not be the same. In L.A., the Grove is not really set up to be a delivery center; parking is fairly limited there and the location would not be large enough to accomodate the traffic of consumers buying their vehicles. For example, Tesla has their showrooms within malls, but other than the handful of demo vehicles they have on site, they do not do any deliveries at these locations. Also, in NY, their preference would be to have their Experience Center in Manhattan but would not be an ideal location for a delivery center.

I am guessing their delivery centers will be warehouses or a closed down dealership they may find. I wouldn't be surprised if they partner up with a used car retailer to assist with the deliveries (such as a Carmax or Carvana).

Reactions: Baker and KMBrown

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in Atlanta and by the time the ONE's are ready to deliver I believe only the L.A. Experience Center might be available. So yes, I think they have to use other partners to deliver the vehicles closer if not in the very state they reside. I think it would be a huge fail to ask someone like me to go all the way to California to secure my vehicle. So I'm sure Fisker has to have a better plan for this.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
If it saves me $1000-2000, I'd pick it up anywhere on the east coast.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
605 Posts
@Deafsoundguy

Fly in and Drive out.
I would consider to pick it up in NYC as well but my concern will be about the Canadian customs, do you think it will be a problem because normally there is some difference between both countries, Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I would consider to pick it up in NYC as well but my concern will be about the Canadian customs, do you think it will be a problem because normally there is some difference between both countries, Your thoughts?
Fisker Inc would give the Canadian buyers the VIN# So that the Ocean could be plated before leaving your home province (probably Ontario & Quebec) for NYC deliveries

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
605 Posts
Fisker Inc would give the Canadian buyers the VIN# So that the Ocean could be plated before leaving your home province (probably Ontario & Quebec) for NYC deliveries
OK cool, I'm a 6 hrs drive from NYC so I would fly from Montreal and come back with my Fisker Ultra :cool:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
OK cool, I'm a 6 hrs drive from NYC so I would fly from Montreal and come back with my Fisker Ultra :cool:
@Baker
Let's pickem up together! We can meet for diiner, catch a Broadway show and mosey over to the Fisker Experience Centre the next morning and get our new Ocean Ultras!

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
@Bernie @Baker @ToddH65 any other Canadian Ocean Future Owners

A Canadian convoy of Fisker Oceans leaving NYC .....
Destination: CANADA 🇨🇦

"Dear Henrik Fisker, we have a gackle of Canadian Ocean Owners who
would like to meet you at the NYC Fisker Experience Centre!
Would your Fisker Team coordinate a meet & greet with yourself
at the FEC and launch the Canadian Convoy on its way North?"

P.S. @ToddH65 You will be a honourably Canadian for this trip

1 - 20 of 23 Posts