Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if Fisker is planning some sort of show rooms to let people at least sit in a Fisker before agreeing to take delivery? Would many people pay $70,000 for a car they have never seen in person? I don't know.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
Not a problem for me. If I don't like it, I could sell it for more than the purchase price.

I bought my current car without even seeing one in person. For my Volt I also ordered without driving in 2011. While waiting for the car, I did get a ten minute test drive when the car was on "tour" locally. Rivian and Lucid owners don't get a test drive either. Could you imagine paying $170k for a car and never having seen it in person?

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
605 Posts
Yep it is the new way to sale new cars, all via internet with possibility for a Center house for check up like Tesla or Polestar. Fisker will goes that way also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought my Chevy bolt back in 2017 with only seeing a picture of it online. The dealerships at that time didn't weren't given any for their showrooms, the closet thing they could show me was a volt. Not that close at all lol.

It's the way things are now. I tried 4 Hyundai dealerships looking to see the ioniq 5 first and none had one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I feel like only the LA center will be open before deliveries start. And I'm doubtful anything else is open in NA before Summer 2023. Hopefully we get one in NYC.
Probably Munich too before production, but it seems without test drives.
I want at least to see it in person before. I usually check millions of things before I take a decision for all my purchases.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Of course, I have the diametrical response to the above. ;) I've test driven every model of vehicle I've purchased. If different powertrains/drivetrains are available, I A/B comparison those. I want to assess powertrain (clutch feel, if manual), suspension compliance, handling capability, steering response, go over the body with fingers feeling for under/overflush conditions between panels. I assess reach and sight-lines of interior controls and seat comfort.

A couple of decades+ at another OEM working as a product planner alongside engineers during development, in the pilot plant, and at final assembly was a valuable education. It would be impossible for me to buy any vehicle without driving it first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes I agree that if we can test drive it .. that’s preferable. That’s what sold us on the cayenne turbo when it came out way back 😂…
but I trust that if I’m paying $70k plus for a car it better handle well. Which my m3p didn’t disappoint.
while in Europe this winter we leased a DS7. Wonderful car… it was a hybrid. Though not electric the family loved it. And we would definitely purchase it if sold in the states. I think the Ocean will be here before it. 😆

1 - 15 of 15 Posts