Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know you mentioned somethings at the end of the video, but curious what your overall impressions were without being able to drive it? Did you talk to the owner to ask his thoughts? I'm Originally from Normal, IL and moved to the Atlanta, GA area about 6 years ago. Seems like they are following me, so I almost feel obligated to take a look. Might be more interested in the R1S but love what I have seen of the R1T so far.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you mentioned somethings at the end of the video, but curious what your overall impressions were without being able to drive it? Did you talk to the owner to ask his thoughts? I'm Originally from Normal, IL and moved to the Atlanta, GA area about 6 years ago. Seems like they are following me, so I almost feel obligated to take a look. Might be more interested in the R1S but love what I have seen of the R1T so far.
The owner said driving was great. It has really good acceleration (similar to a Tesla). He previously owned a Honda Ridgeline, and it compares favorably in its storage and flexibility. They have not towed with it yet.

The R1S is very similar in design. The interior front two rows are basically identical. It's shorter due to no bed.

·
0 Posts
I was seriously tempted by these when they came out ... but turned off by the low efficiency. I don't really need a truck (don't tow anything heavier than a bike rack, and don't need a pickup bed for the annual trip to Lowe's to buy mulch) so the idea of having a car that barely gets 2 mi/kWh just seems so wasteful... even if it charges fast, it will take a lot longer to charge and use a lot more electricity. I'm very hopeful that the Ocean can live up to it's promised range numbers, which should indicate a great efficiency if the rumors on battery size are accurate... and I guess I'll have to look on at the Rivian in Envy when I see them parked at EA :) (Of course, I won't be as envious when I'm done charging and they're still there...)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was seriously tempted by these when they came out ... but turned off by the low efficiency. I don't really need a truck (don't tow anything heavier than a bike rack, and don't need a pickup bed for the annual trip to Lowe's to buy mulch) so the idea of having a car that barely gets 2 mi/kWh just seems so wasteful... even if it charges fast, it will take a lot longer to charge and use a lot more electricity. I'm very hopeful that the Ocean can live up to it's promised range numbers, which should indicate a great efficiency if the rumors on battery size are accurate... and I guess I'll have to look on at the Rivian in Envy when I see them parked at EA :) (Of course, I won't be as envious when I'm done charging and they're still there...)
I have to say that I totally agree with you and that is one of my big reservations about Rivian. But there is still a part of me that is very intrigued. But if I do end up pulling the trigger, it will probably be for the R1S.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
I had concerns about the efficiency as well but then reasoned that an ICE Large SUV get much worse mileage than a ICE sedan or CUV so why should it be different for EVs. Also realized that the extra power consumptions still amounts to just $75 per month. (Although for longer non-mountain trips, the plan will be to use the better efficient EV.)

@MTN Ranger - thanks for the video; nice close up details. You mentioned the truck can hold a compact spare tire in the sub floor- I thought the R1T can carry a full size tire (and the R1S a compact). Is that not the case?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had concerns about the efficiency as well but then reasoned that an ICE Large SUV get much worse mileage than a ICE sedan or CUV so why should it be different for EVs. Also realized that the extra power consumptions still amounts to just $75 per month. (Although for longer non-mountain trips, the plan will be to use the better efficient EV.)

@MTN Ranger - thanks for the video; nice close up details. You mentioned the truck can hold a compact spare tire in the sub floor- I thought the R1T can carry a full size tire (and the R1S a compact). Is that not the case?
I believe you are correct @TT97, it will hold a full sized spare. But I believe the spare tire is optional. At least on non-launch edition

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe you are correct @TT97, it will hold a full sized spare. But I believe the spare tire is optional. At least on non-launch edition
Sorry if I made a mistake, but I thought it was for a compact spare. I just looked at the Rivian website and yes, it fits a full size spare - even better. $750 option.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, the paint is El Cap Granite and interior is Black Mountain. Priced as equipped (Quad-motor AWD / Large Battery Pack / 21" Road Wheels) is $87,500.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts