Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer is coming, so it seems all the flashy cars are coming out of hibernation.
I saw a Karma on the road yesterday and got a glimpse from the back. Then it took off like the wind.
A beautiful car indeed.

Can't wait for the Ocean 馃殭馃挩

Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
I'm lucky enough to have seen one years ago when they were in production. I was even having a fantasy recently of buying one as a fun second car (there's a place not too far from me that specializes in Karma repair and maintenance, and I believe that they also sell them). For a long time, I've been thinking I'd like to buy an older car and restore it. I'm sure that I never will, but it's fun to think about sometimes.

Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
A couple years ago, I had an industry function at the Karma headquarters in Irvine, CA and we were all able to test drive the Karma. It is an absolutely gorgeous car with an amazing interior but would not recommend buying one. It is a PHEV and the battery only range was fairly low (they have improved it considerably in their new model). The car felt very heavy when driving and the acceleration was unimpressive. My biggest issue is the motor (that only charges the batteries) makes this strange constant whirling sound - it hard to describe the sound.

Registered
They were great looking cars. I was never a fan of the mustache grill tho. Overall I never saw one in person but I would love to. The company that took over the design did a good job updating it while still keeping the Karma look but honestly who is buying it?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were great looking cars. I was never a fan of the mustache grill tho. Overall I never saw one in person but I would love to. The company that took over the design did a good job updating it while still keeping the Karma look but honestly who is buying it?
I'm not sure, but they are taking reservations for an $80K all Electric car

Registered
I'm not sure, but they are taking reservations for an $80K all Electric car

I don't know why there is no buzz around this then. This group doesn't do auto shows? The market needs a car this sexy especially at $80k. One of the draw backs I see tho is there infotainment system looks small and positioned too low. They seem to not try to change up the dash from the old Karma but to retrofit the screen which I think is a bad idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts