Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
@Neal
welcome aboard!
please enlighten us how you discovered the Fisker Ocean?
lots of great info here

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey @Neal welcome to the forum! What has you the most interested in the Ocean? Are you looking at any other EVs?
Probably in order, technology, range, and price. I am looking at the Ultra with additional packages if available. My back up is the Model Y LR. My wife has a Model 3 LR. Specs on Mach-E not that impressive.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Probably in order, technology, range, and price. I am looking at the Ultra with additional packages if available. My back up is the Model Y LR. My wife has a Model 3 LR. Specs on Mach-E not that impressive.
The Model Y is solid but personally the Ocean is a much more compelling package overall. Especially with the tech and styling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Model Y is solid but personally the Ocean is a much more compelling package overall. Especially with the tech and styling.
Like I said, The Tesla Y is a back up if Fisker doesn't deliver. Still waiting on Option Packages and more details on technology. Things change as the Ocean progresses (what happened to the Head-Up Display
(never thought it would include Karaoke) that was mentioned in earlier videos). Still, I am waiting on the Ocean Ultra which I am hoping will be mid to late 2023. Another possibility to consider is if the $7,500.00 Tax Credit (not necessarily Tax Refund) might be extended to appease GM which would extend to Tesla, Toyota and Ford. This is a lot to wait for but I am not in a hurry. Another thought - it depends 100% that their bucket fits my bucket !

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
Like I said, The Tesla Y is a back up if Fisker doesn't deliver. Still waiting on Option Packages and more details on technology. Things change as the Ocean progresses (what happened to the Head-Up Display
(never thought it would include Karaoke) that was mentioned in earlier videos). Still, I am waiting on the Ocean Ultra which I am hoping will be mid to late 2023. Another possibility to consider is if the $7,500.00 Tax Credit (not necessarily Tax Refund) might be extended to appease GM which would extend to Tesla, Toyota and Ford. This is a lot to wait for but I am not in a hurry. Another thought - it depends 100% that their bucket fits my bucket !
I would not expect the new tax credit proposal to go forward anytime soon. The existing $7500 Federal Tax Credit is only expired for Tesla and GM.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would not expect the new tax credit proposal to go forward anytime soon. The existing $7500 Federal Tax Credit is only expired for Tesla and GM.
From what I have read, both Ford & Toyota are close to hitting the 200,000 mark this year.
If any dealings with EV Credits, it may be an extension of what is currently in place since GM is the "poster company" for electric vehicles. Of course I would prefer a straight refund at time of purchase but
I feel that this is a pipe dream. Something may happen next year. I have a loooong wait on my reservation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts