Fisker Ocean Forum banner

Would you use Park My Car

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious, if you had the feature (ONE and Extreme only at this point), would you use it for parallel parking?

I had that in my i3’s and our Lincoln Nautilus has it. Never use it. In the i3’s I thought it was a hassle to use. You have to remember the sequence of what to push and do and I always would forget. I always figured if you can’t parallel park, you shouldn’t be driving. But I understand that some don’t have good spatial awareness so for some it’s probably a Godsend.

My lovely wife is scared sxxxless to use it. Won’t even try-ever. :(. So wondering if it’s one of those glorious inventions that no one ever uses, or a tiny fraction of the driving crowd. Or what.

I wish I could just not have to pay for that because I most likely will never use it in the Ocean anyway.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My wife is a better parallel-parker than me. I can do it fine but she is faster and plenty accurate. I would still bet I am faster than any automated system though :p
My wife last parallel parked I believe for her road test. She avoids it like the plague. She even refuses to back into parking spaces or our garage which is the only way I park.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
512 Posts
I find this much more useful in standard parking spots (backing into the spot) than parallel parking. I probably let my Tesla park itself about 60% of the time when backing into a spot and almost never when parallel parking.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
I can never get the Tesla to work. I feel like it doesn't like it when I am too close next to the front car before starting. Autopark will not park in spaces as tight as I am willing to park. I also am looking forward to the 360 3D view!

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
I rarely use autopark on my tesla. It's just too slow. What I WOULD use is the 360 camera, which tesla doesn't have. That makes parking even easier than autopark.
Surround view is one of the biggest things I miss while driving my Tesla. My Murano and XC60 have it and it's so helpful for parking and driving through tight drivethroughs.

I've never owned a car with auto-park so it will be a first for me.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
512 Posts
I've never owned a car with auto-park so it will be a first for me.
Your 3 has Auto-park, came with EAP. Both parallel parking and reverse parking into a perpendicular spot.

• Haha
Reactions: TT97

·
Registered
2020 Tesla Model 3, 2013 Chevy Volt
57 Posts
My wife last parallel parked I believe for her road test. She avoids it like the plague. She even refuses to back into parking spaces or our garage which is the only way I park.
Ditto, with my wife. I indicated I would use this feature but it would be my wife and maybe daughters, not me. I just whip in and they always wonder how I do it.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
I've never been able to get the parallel parking auto-park work in my TM3. The backing into a spot works quite well and it is much faster than it used to be. Anyone ever play with Summon? Now that's a "feature" where you are putting your car control into the hands of an AI madman.
When Summon works, it's awesome. The problem is it's not reliable enough to work all the time. I was raining and a friend and I were coming out of the store, and it was POURING. As I was getting ready to run for the car, he told me to just relax. He pulled out his phone and the Summoned the car and we got in without getting soaked. It was pretty sweet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Curious, if you had the feature (ONE and Extreme only at this point), would you use it for parallel parking?

I had that in my i3’s and our Lincoln Nautilus has it. Never use it. In the i3’s I thought it was a hassle to use. You have to remember the sequence of what to push and do and I always would forget. I always figured if you can’t parallel park, you shouldn’t be driving. But I understand that some don’t have good spatial awareness so for some it’s probably a Godsend.

My lovely wife is scared sxxxless to use it. Won’t even try-ever. :(. So wondering if it’s one of those glorious inventions that no one ever uses, or a tiny fraction of the driving crowd. Or what.

I wish I could just not have to pay for that because I most likely will never use it in the Ocean anyway.
I have had it since 2013 in a Ford C-Max Energi (PHEV) and never used it. It was easier to manually parallel park the 3 times I had to. The Fisker will replace the Ford.

·
Registered
Referral ode JCP1CQ
165 Posts
I`m looking so much forward to journalist tests. And even more to hear from the first ONE-ies. we will get so many answers, and raise so many questions. I hope people stay in this forum and share their experiences - and not drive around in their FOO all day long 🚙

1 - 20 of 39 Posts