Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fisker Ocean SolarSky Roof will be a zero emissions energy source for your first electric vehicle.
At a time when energy prices are through the roof, having a solar panel on the entire roof of a car makes complete sense. However, is it worth it financially? The 2022 all-electric Fisker Ocean SUV will offer an optional full-length solar roof named the SolarSky Roof. Fisker will be the first car company to put a full length solar roof onto a production car. The SolarSky Roof adds elements of sustainability and beauty to the Fisker Ocean. You can harness the power of the sun to power your electric vehicle...Read more: Is the Fisker Ocean SolarSky Roof Worth It?

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
48 Posts
It's not really worth it yet but I'm thinking they will improve the technology in the next 5-10 years and then you would be able to get the update on the Ocean and more mileage.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
499 Posts
It's not really worth it yet but I'm thinking they will improve the technology in the next 5-10 years and then you would be able to get the update on the Ocean and more mileage.
Agreed. Solar roofs, not to mention battery technology, is in its infancy. These things will no doubt dramatically improve over time. I'm constantly reading articles about upcoming improvements in battery technology. I'm sure that solar will be the same. For instance- Homepage | Lightyear

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
Ocean Lovers and EV enthusiasts,

The real question is not "SolarRoof worth the Money?"

Obviously, it is not worth it! (from a monetary point of view)
However the Fisker play is this.....

"Do you want to do your small part to save this beautiful blue marble EARTH?
Atmosphere World Light Astronomical object Circle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts