Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Super Moderator
497 Posts
Just discovered this. This might be even better than California Mode for anyone like me that saw the Ocean as an alternative to a convertible.

View attachment 3419
My beloved is down to two primary EV choices....this Recon or the new, somewhat larger MINI Countryman EV coming at the end of this year. She likes square things.

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Jeeps are always cute- but severely “unrefined” rides on the pavement. Loud, “floaty feel” but very capable performance. I’ve always enjoyed them as rentals or second cars but never my primary vehicle if i had to commute more that 30 miles each way.

· Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
1,063 Posts
It looks nice but it is a Stellantis and there are two things that hold true for every Stellantis EV to date: range is crap (just over 200 miles EPA on the new Jeep Avenger) and so is the charging speed (100 kw on same). Maybe this will finally be the vehicle that breaks the Stellantis mold?

· Super Moderator
497 Posts
It looks nice but it is a Stellantis and there are two things that hold true for every Stellantis EV to date: range is crap (just over 200 miles EPA on the new Jeep Avenger) and so is the charging speed (100 kw on same). Maybe this will finally be the vehicle that breaks the Stellantis mold?
Every? Please share the second one in North America. The Avenger is a tiny vehicle with a small battery exclusively for Europe. It's a stopgap for now and deemed too small for North America. The STLA small platform is 2026. They are launching a new series of skateboard platforms that will be the basis of more global production.

· Super Moderator
497 Posts
Jeeps are always cute- but severely “unrefined” rides on the pavement. Loud, “floaty feel” but very capable performance. I’ve always enjoyed them as rentals or second cars but never my primary vehicle if i had to commute more that 30 miles each way.
I assume you mean Wrangler or Compass and smaller? I have a couple of friends in 2023 Grand Cherokees (one pure ICE and one hybrid) who find them extremely comfortable and, in their word, "luxurious". Shared Maserati platform. The Recon in the C&D article will use the STLA Large, similar to planned new Dodge Charger and Chrysler Airflow, so I would imagine all the U.S. and European suspension technology available will be used to good advantage. Peugeots are known for a great ride!

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Every? Please share the second one in North America. The Avenger is a tiny vehicle with a small battery exclusively for Europe. It's a stopgap for now and deemed too small for North America. The STLA small platform is 2026. They are launching a new series of skateboard platforms that will be the basis of more global production.

I was referencing the poj Fiat 500. I did not say it was in North America and afaik they have zero BEVs on sale in North America. As you say, they are making big promises on the new platforms, but as I said every Stellantis "to date" has been poor range and charging, but I am hoping this one breaks the mold. I would truly love to see a Jeep with 300 miles of range and real off-road capabilities that can compete with the Rivian R2. But Tavares has so far put more effort into slowing the transition to EVs than building competitive product.

· Super Moderator
497 Posts
I was referencing the poj Fiat 500. I did not say it was in North America and afaik they have zero BEVs on sale in North America. As you say, they are making big promises on the new platforms, but as I said every Stellantis "to date" has been poor range and charging, but I am hoping this one breaks the mold. I would truly love to see a Jeep with 300 miles of range and real off-road capabilities that can compete with the Rivian R2. But Tavares has so far put more effort into slowing the transition to EVs than building competitive product.
You are correct on the Fiat, but that is a leftover FCA product they inherited. I don't consider it a product of what Stellantis can bring. They are late to the party, but may arrive among the "best dressed" given the time and technology to which they have access. Compare what they will have with the RAM EV vs Ford Lightning as revealed at CES. From what I am hearing, Tavares may be doing some PR work to cover the time gap to actual product launches but the product development is happening.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
You are correct on the Fiat, but that is a leftover FCA product they inherited. I don't consider it a product of what Stellantis can bring. They are late to the party, but may arrive among the "best dressed" given the time and technology to which they have access. Compare what they will have with the RAM EV vs Ford Lightning as revealed at CES. From what I am hearing, Tavares may be doing some PR work to cover the time gap to actual product launches but the product development is happening.
Here's hoping. I would be first in line if there is a 300+ mile Jeep SUV with 200kw fast charging and a the space of a Wrangler. I would even be willing to go through a Stellantis Stealership to buy one!

· Registered
1,005 Posts
I assume you mean Wrangler or Compass and smaller? I have a couple of friends in 2023 Grand Cherokees (one pure ICE and one hybrid) who find them extremely comfortable and, in their word, "luxurious". Shared Maserati platform. The Recon in the C&D article will use the STLA Large, similar to planned new Dodge Charger and Chrysler Airflow, so I would imagine all the U.S. and European suspension technology available will be used to good advantage. Peugeots are known for a great ride!
Yep- the Wrangler/Compass/mini utes. I owned Cherokees and Grand Cherokees- the ride in the Grand was very comfortable with good performance and handling characteristics (when it was actually running and not throwing a code 🙄) - the cherokee was a bit less refined as it was more of a utilitarian vehicle and not a luxury urban cruiser ute.

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Yep- the Wrangler/Compass/mini utes. I owned Cherokees and Grand Cherokees- the ride in the Grand was very comfortable with good performance and handling characteristics (when it was actually running and not throwing a code 🙄) - the cherokee was a bit less refined as it was more of a utilitarian vehicle and not a luxury urban cruiser ute.

· Registered
231 Posts
I'd have to see some specs first - even just early company estimates. But I don't think there will be a lot of cross-over between the Recon and Ocean's target markets. For all Fisker's marketing of surf & sand, it really seems more of a touring car to me. ... I'd not turn an EV Jeep down if the price were right, but for Stellantis' coming EVs, our family would be more in the market for the Ram 1500 EV. So long as they offer a base model to the public, unlike Ford & GM's "here is the best value in EVs this year! (*fleet only)".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts