Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
I am not sure how CarBuzz "leaked" a car Polestar already revealed!

BTW, that is the Polestar 5 that they "leaked" but it is extremely shoddy journalism.

Reactions: HotIce

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am not sure how CarBuzz "leaked" a car Polestar already revealed!

BTW, that is the Polestar 5 that they "leaked" but it is extremely shoddy journalism.
I was gunna say: I thought the Polestar 3 was an SUV that is going to compete with Porsche Macan EV?

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
742 Posts
Here are 2 paragraphs from that article-
"Both cars should be blisteringly fast in a straight line. The entry-level model's motors produce a combined power output of 482 horsepower and 620 lb-ft of torque. Opt for the Performance, and you'll get 512 hp and 671 lb-ft.
According to the leaked figures, the Performance model will reach 62 mph in 4.7 seconds, while the top speed is limited to 130 mph. That's relatively slow for an EV, so we're guessing it weighs quite a lot. It's no match for Tesla's go-faster SUV, that's for sure."

So it'll be blisteringly fast and relatively slow. Okay... Maybe blisteringly fast compared to an ICE but relatively slow compared to an EV?

I attached the photos they should have used.
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
491 Posts
This is a yawn to me. Range (according to this report) is lower at 381 miles WLTP and 350 WLTP for the performance version vs 391 for the Ocean, acceleration is a leisurely 4.7 seconds in the performance edition vs 3.6 on the Ocean, the non-performance edition price starts at $97k where the top-of-the-line Ocean is at $70k fully loaded everything. I suppose Polestar is 5 inches longer than the Ocean and has a wheelbase 2.4 inches longer, so that's something, but the 5 inches looks to me to mostly consist of a longer-than-necessary front hood.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
I love the look of the 5 but it is going to be a $100k+ price. I can see it competing against the Audi GT & Porsche Taycan (or the S Plaid for people that care about acceleration and nothing else).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts