Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only gets 225 miles of range. Surprisingly low. And as for the interior and exterior styling, let's just say that I'm not impressed. This is making the Ocean look that much better (okay, IMO 😁).

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
It's not surprising since Toyota/Lexus has repeatedly said they don't think we are ready for EVs (or think Hydrogen is the future). The results show unimpressive specs all around.

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
5 Posts
Was looking to purchasing one but was told that the RZ or any electric vehicle from lexus or toyota will not be sold in the state of Washington. Weird decision by lexus and toyota. Fisker Ocean One better specs and looks great.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
205 Posts
Was looking to purchasing one but was told that the RZ or any electric vehicle from lexus or toyota will not be sold in the state of Washington. Weird decision by lexus and toyota. Fisker Ocean One better specs and looks great.
Don’t know how I missed that one. Not that it matters :rolleyes:….. Did you read the comments by all the commenters? I mean there isn’t a single one that‘s good. Wow.

I was chatting with my wife yesterday and was telling her how odd it is that in a very short space in time, anything under 300 miles of range is viewed by the masses as unacceptable, with some, laughable. And then I read the Lexus comments and boy does that hold true.

Me personally, I find this kinda interesting because the general population drives less than 50 miles a day as a daily commuter. So why the big stink? Are there just that many long commutes and trips ? Or is it pure benchmarking?

With just the Jag I-Pace as an example, it’s not very old and I would assume there‘s a lot of people that now wouldn’t buy it due to its barely over (real world) range.

Anyway, agree regardless that it is really weird that it wouldn’t be sold in Washington- WTF?

·
Registered
90 Posts
It’s not as weird looking as other Lexuses (Lexii?) of late, and I’m sure it will be a quiet and comfortable place to be. That said, building off the BZ4X/Solterra underpinnings had this one out of the running for us off the bat, as the range number didn’t start with a 3. I think my fixation on 300+ miles of range is to get back to a rough equivalent capacity of a tank of gas in our current car. It also allows my wife (who will be the primary Ocean driver) to go days at a time without recharging, plus allows for a big range hit when the temps drop below zero. Most Americans buy cars for worst case vs actual daily scenarios…I guess I’m no different. 😄

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
205 Posts
That’s a good point @Rotaryracer about the 300+ range being roughly equivalent to a normal (?) gas tank. So that maybe reinforces some inner comfort level psychology, even when almost no one is going to use those miles in one day? Of course I could see the small trip to the beach or mountains thing but I was talking about the daily commuter.

On Lexus, I can’t get over the grill/ front end on their cars. Cartoonish. 🐰

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don’t know how I missed that one. Not that it matters :rolleyes:….. Did you read the comments by all the commenters? I mean there isn’t a single one that‘s good. Wow.

I was chatting with my wife yesterday and was telling her how odd it is that in a very short space in time, anything under 300 miles of range is viewed by the masses as unacceptable, with some, laughable. And then I read the Lexus comments and boy does that hold true.

Me personally, I find this kinda interesting because the general population drives less than 50 miles a day as a daily commuter. So why the big stink? Are there just that many long commutes and trips ? Or is it pure benchmarking?

With just the Jag I-Pace as an example, it’s not very old and I would assume there‘s a lot of people that now wouldn’t buy it due to its barely over (real world) range.

Anyway, agree regardless that it is really weird that it wouldn’t be sold in Washington- WTF?
I think there is an of range anxiety that one gets with mileage less than 300. Even if the range is reported to be 250, the real effective range may only be 200 miles. Thus having a buffer of 300 - 350..would give some comfort and alleviate the anxiety. I currently have a Standard range M3 and only has 220 mile reported but I only get about 176 currently. Not so great. Cant wait to get into the ocean one. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts