Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I wanted to make the first post here! I reserved a PEAR because I believe in Fisker, the car is intriguing, and the price after incentives can't be beat for an EV. I own a Mach-E and I'm never going back to ICE. My girlfriend has a reservation for an Ocean, which she is probably going to Flexee Lease. Dependant on how that goes, I may convert my reservation to an order. I also have a reservation for an Aptera. I figure depending on if the Aptera or the Pear can be delivered first will determine which I buy (depending on the spec of the Pear, which we know very little about.). I love EVs, and just wanted to share my story.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 51,000+
793 Posts
@BigMach-E
reserved a PEAR because I believe in Fisker, the car is intriguing, and the price after incentives can't be beat for an EV. I own a Mach-E and I'm never going back to ICE.
CONGRATULATIONS! Lots of true believers here.
ICE is definitely yesterday technology and BEV is the future.
welcome aboard

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
594 Posts
Congratulations! It was a super exciting moment for me when I reserved an Ocean a couple of months ago (although I'm keeping an eye on the PEAR too).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you @baydreamer and @Blu Angel ! Being that I have my Mustang Mach-E that's less than a year old, I'm not in a rush, hence the PEAR and not Ocean reservation for me. I can't wait until my girlfriend's Ocean reservation gets fulfilled, we just had to drop 2 k on her Mazda for fuel line and EVAP repair, and it reminded me of how many fewer parts can go bad in an electric car. Since we live in California, gas prices are crazy. We figure in fuel cost difference will be about a third or more of the the lease payment.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
594 Posts
@BigMach-E I suppose I'm not in a rush either, or more accurately don't need to rush (my 2012 Volvo just hit 68,000 miles) but I'm really looking forward to all of the safety nannies, like the digital radar. I'm very interested in the PEAR because it'll be a bit smaller, but I'm assuming it'll have less of a range. No matter; I'm sure that I'll be super happy with the Ocean. I'm already fantasizing taking friends for a spin and showing them how fast it'll accelerate.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi there!

I wanted to make the first post here! I reserved a PEAR because I believe in Fisker, the car is intriguing, and the price after incentives can't be beat for an EV. I own a Mach-E and I'm never going back to ICE. My girlfriend has a reservation for an Ocean, which she is probably going to Flexee Lease. Dependant on how that goes, I may convert my reservation to an order. I also have a reservation for an Aptera. I figure depending on if the Aptera or the Pear can be delivered first will determine which I buy (depending on the spec of the Pear, which we know very little about.). I love EVs, and just wanted to share my story.
Welcome to the forum @BigMach-E and congrats on reserving your PEAR! Would you trade in the Mach-E if/when the time came? Or keep both?

·
Registered
72 Posts
To early for me to start seriously thinking about the PEAR. But I can certainly see us adding the PEAR after we purchase the Ocean Ultra. Become an all EV household.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum @BigMach-E and congrats on reserving your PEAR! Would you trade in the Mach-E if/when the time came? Or keep both?
Probably keep both. I had an incident with the Mach-E that kept it in the shop for almost a month. I don't like not having a car. Or, if the specs or experience with either the PEAR or the Aptera don't match up to my expectations, I'll just take the money saved up for that purchase and use it to pay off my current EV. I doubt I will be the first reservation holder of the Pear to take delivery, so I will assess from other owners if the car is worth it.

If you consider the federal tax credit in the US, it makes the PEAR look like a no-brainer in terms of cost. But, the Aptera is compelling for a completely different reason, 40 miles of charge every day from solar alone. Since it has 3 wheels, it doesn't qualify for the tax credit. I would like to be grid independent. It's also the matter about who reaches production first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@BigMach-E, did you consider any other EVs before reserving a Pear?
Keep us posted on anything Fisker sends you about it. :)
I already have an EV, I love my Mach-E, but I like what Fisker is doing. The Ocean even as a Sport configuration costs too much for a second car for me at this time, but the PEAR is just right in terms of pricing.

·
0 Posts
I already have an EV, I love my Mach-E, but I like what Fisker is doing. The Ocean even as a Sport configuration costs too much for a second car for me at this time, but the PEAR is just right in terms of pricing.
I’m with you. We love our ID.4, but would love to have an extra hundred miles of range for the same price (if I get the Ultra)…

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme
518 Posts
Probably keep both. I had an incident with the Mach-E that kept it in the shop for almost a month. I don't like not having a car. Or, if the specs or experience with either the PEAR or the Aptera don't match up to my expectations, I'll just take the money saved up for that purchase and use it to pay off my current EV. I doubt I will be the first reservation holder of the Pear to take delivery, so I will assess from other owners if the car is worth it.

If you consider the federal tax credit in the US, it makes the PEAR look like a no-brainer in terms of cost. But, the Aptera is compelling for a completely different reason, 40 miles of charge every day from solar alone. Since it has 3 wheels, it doesn't qualify for the tax credit. I would like to be grid independent. It's also the matter about who reaches production first.
The Aptera may qualify for up to $2500. Plug In Electric Drive Vehicle Credit Section 30D | Internal Revenue Service
Or maybe that has expired. I haven't seen anything definitive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts