Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,168 Posts
@baydreamer
“The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) approved adaptive matrix LED headlights earlier this year, finally catching up to other markets.”

Fabulous news about the Adaptive Matrix LED lighting….
im really surprised to see this expensive lighting system on the Ocean.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Blu Angel
I remember Henrik saying that the PEAR would have some innovative lighting. Maybe something from Magna?
And I heard about the NHTSA finally approving adaptive matrix LED lights. We've always been slow when it comes to headlights for some reason. I'm hoping that the Ocean will have them, or 'something better' has Henrik said, whatever that is. The adaptive headlights I've seen have multiple small lights that look different from what the Ocean has. Hopefully they'll be more than merely on/off for high beams.

·
Registered
474 Posts
@Blu Angel
I remember Henrik saying that the PEAR would have some innovative lighting. Maybe something from Magna?
And I heard about the NHTSA finally approving adaptive matrix LED lights. We've always been slow when it comes to headlights for some reason. I'm hoping that the Ocean will have them, or 'something better' has Henrik said, whatever that is. The adaptive headlights I've seen have multiple small lights that look different from what the Ocean has. Hopefully they'll be more than merely on/off for high beams.
Except for one detail: Foxconn is contracted to make the Pear.

·
Registered
474 Posts
True, but doesn't that mean that Foxconn will assemble whatever Fisker wants? I would guess that at least some of its components would be coming from various sources. I don't know of course.
Maybe. I took that presentation as a feature that can be added during their manufacturing process at their factory. I don’t know if Magna is in the market of making parts for other manufacturers. They want to get contracts to make vehicles as far as I know.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
Maybe. I took that presentation as a feature that can be added during their manufacturing process at their factory. I don’t know if Magna is in the market of making parts for other manufacturers. They want to get contracts to make vehicles as far as I know.
Don't confuse Magna Steyr (who will be building the Ocean) with the parent company Magna International (that is creating the lighting). Magna International's business is making parts for other manufacturers and they are the largest automobile parts manufacturer in North America by sales of original equipment parts. Also, Magna owns 7.4% of Fisker shares so they have a vested interest in Fisker succeeding.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Don't confuse Magna Steyr (who will be building the Ocean) with the parent company Magna International (that is creating the lighting). Magna International's business is making parts for other manufacturers and they are the largest automobile parts manufacturer in North America by sales of original equipment parts. Also, Magna owns 7.4% of Fisker shares so they have a vested interest in Fisker succeeding.
Interesting. I was not differentiating the 2 companies and did not know that. Definitely changes what is possible then. Foxconn is certainly no stranger to assembling devices with parts from other manufacturers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts