1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@baydreamer
A HUGE and overwhelming THANK YOU for finding this nugget of information
pertaining to the Fisker Ocean Production Schedule at the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria

The general results show:
2022 Ocean Production: 1,000 Ocean ONEs
2023 Ocean Production: 42,000 Ocean models (ONE, Extreme, Ultra & Sport?)
2024: Ocean Production: 103,000 Ocean models (Extreme, Ultra & Sport)

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Pattern

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
That chart is someone's guess on Facebook based on info he found (on the right side). It is nothing official.

• Helpful
Reactions: kxo7000

·
Registered
446 Posts
1000 a month from Jan to Mar???
Weren't we under the impression that it was 5000???
They have stated several times in their earnings conferences that they are shooting for 4000+ per month. We do not know how quickly they will get to that output. Frankly that is up to Magna so they can't make promises. I am sure they expect hiccups but are "testing" the line now. They want to make all current reservations in by the end of 2023.
Take this data with a HUGE grain of salt. It is just some person's interpretation of what they are seeing. This is not an actual schedule from Magna.

·
Registered
446 Posts
That article was something I came across on a Fisker Facebook page. It looks official, but I have no idea where it came from.
Well my logic is this: If they start the first month and the first 100 vehicles go smoothly and they have the capacity for 1000's of units, why would they not push out 500 or 1500 or 2000 units? It all depends on what they are seeing and how many adjustments they have to make to the line. There is no way they are targeting 250 units as set in stone or even a goal when they could easily surpass that. They will feel it out and push out as many as they can without sacrificing quality. Which is why we have not seen an official "schedule".

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That article was something I came across on a Fisker Facebook page. It looks official, but I have no idea where it came from.
I value it's content ONLY because Henrik Fisker commented on the production ramp up.
Time will tell

Reactions: baydreamer

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
491 Posts
Wow I totally missed this post, thanks for finding. It so happens to be extremely consistent with what I had pieced together bottom up from other nuggets in the press releases. They said they are aiming for 40k-50k this year in a press release last week. They also are indicating that all the Ones will be delivered by June (in most markets) in the email sent last week. This all fits with the data above. 5,000 units by late April / early May, 20k -25k units by end Q3 with a few Ultras and Sports feathering in starting in late Sept / Oct which is also what HF said in late July. All fits together to be a good representation of the timeline.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
742 Posts
@DBatz10 When did you reserve? I reserved late April. As I wrote in the thread where I originally posted this article, I think that I want a Solar Orange Ocean, which won't be available until the third quarter of 2023.

·
Registered
Ocean Extreme
168 Posts
@DBatz10 When did you reserve? I reserved late April. As I wrote in the thread where I originally posted this article, I think that I want a Solar Orange Ocean, which won't be available until the third quarter of 2023.
My initial reservation was mid June 2022 and the wording on the confirmation had some hedging language that more firm time frame for delivery would come out early 2023. I don't actually expect to take delivery before mid August, but who knows!

·
Registered
294 Posts
1000 a month from Jan to Mar???
Weren't we under the impression that it was 5000???
"we" weren't.

Looks I was pretty close with my predictions on the number of Oceans produced per month in early, mid, and late 2023 as well as with the percentage of all reservations to be converted to the One/Extreme pre-orders.

I'm expecting my Ultra between end of Q4 2023 and Q2 2024. In the meantime, I will be driving my brand new VW ID.4 Pro S AWD with Gradient package.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe the chart is misleading. Fisker has announced that there will not be Extreme deliveries before July. Even the 5000 ONE's are not being delivered by then. So, the chart assuming 11,000 cars by June is way off. And if you were to expect that suddenly in July, they will jump to 5000 per month, then they would have done that sooner. So, very likely that there will be only have 20,000 cars delivered in 2023.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
491 Posts
I believe the chart is misleading. Fisker has announced that there will not be Extreme deliveries before July. Even the 5000 ONE's are not being delivered by then. So, the chart assuming 11,000 cars by June is way off. And if you were to expect that suddenly in July, they will jump to 5000 per month, then they would have done that sooner. So, very likely that there will be only have 20,000 cars delivered in 2023.
The press release from last week said they expect to produce (not deliver, but produce) 40-50k vehicles in 2023. The dip from June to July is holiday break. The ramp is very consistent, 1k / mo, 2k/mo, 3k/mo, 4k/mo (minus holiday), 5k/mo, etc. The dip in October presumably is due to changing over the line to add Sport and Ultra which adds complexity to the build.

Worth noting that it takes typically 8 weeks from build to delivery in the US and 4 weeks in Europe. So delivery times look consistent to me with this build schedule.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The press release from last week said they expect to produce (not deliver, but produce) 40-50k vehicles in 2023. The dip from June to July is holiday break. The ramp is very consistent, 1k / mo, 2k/mo, 3k/mo, 4k/mo (minus holiday), 5k/mo, etc. The dip in October presumably is due to changing over the line to add Sport and Ultra which adds complexity to the build.

Worth noting that it takes typically 8 weeks from build to delivery in the US and 4 weeks in Europe. So delivery times look consistent to me with this build schedule.
That would be awesome!! Personally, I have to see it to believe it, that they will ramp up that fast. Hopefully, they prove me wrong.

·
Registered
294 Posts
@baydreamer
A HUGE and overwhelming THANK YOU for finding this nugget of information
pertaining to the Fisker Ocean Production Schedule at the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria

The general results show:
2022 Ocean Production: 1,000 Ocean ONEs
2023 Ocean Production: 42,000 Ocean models (ONE, Extreme, Ultra & Sport?)
2024: Ocean Production: 103,000 Ocean models (Extreme, Ultra & Sport)

View attachment 1206
2022 is only 500 Ones (not 1,000)

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
Wow I totally missed this post, thanks for finding. It so happens to be extremely consistent with what I had pieced together bottom up from other nuggets in the press releases. They said they are aiming for 40k-50k this year in a press release last week. They also are indicating that all the Ones will be delivered by June (in most markets) in the email sent last week. This all fits with the data above. 5,000 units by late April / early May, 20k -25k units by end Q3 with a few Ultras and Sports feathering in starting in late Sept / Oct which is also what HF said in late July. All fits together to be a good representation of the timeline.
That's fantastic news that all the Ones are going to be delivered sooner than expected. Originally, they said all ones would be delivered by Sept. 2023.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts