Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, I didn't do a great job with this. Kyle from Out of Spec talks with a couple of guys from Magna at the plant in Gras. You may need to drag the bar back to the beginning to see the entire video. They do talk about the deal with Fisker.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
Sorry, I didn't do a great job with this. Kyle from Out of Spec talks with a couple of guys from Magna at the plant in Gras. You may need to drag the bar back to the beginning to see the entire video. They do talk about the deal with Fisker.
Just remove the &t=939s from the link.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
512 Posts
Magna is a low-volume producer (total of 125k vehicles last year across all six active models). If they manage to hit the Fisker volume targets next year (50k units) it will boost their production by 40% (no small feat) and it the 2024 Fisker volume would double their production to twice as many vehicles as they have ever produced (+/-).

That said, I really hope Fisker's outsourced model works. If it does, it creates a pathway for many more EV start-ups to get to market a lot faster and should open a path for proliferation of interesting automotive designs!

Reactions: Deafsoundguy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't mean to be padding to my own thread, but I can't believe Kyle from Out of Spec is in Austria and visits with some of the Magna team and doesn't have plans to get behind the wheel. Why go over now and back again in a few months. He may not be able to say anything but I really think he will be getting in a test drive while he is there. Thoughts?

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
I don't mean to be padding to my own thread, but I can't believe Kyle from Out of Spec is in Austria and visits with some of the Magna team and doesn't have plans to get behind the wheel. Why go over now and back again in a few months. He may not be able to say anything but I really think he will be getting in a test drive while he is there. Thoughts?
He mentions in the video that they couldn't show any video of the facilities due to the prototypes involved. I'm betting Fisker will not allow any videos of manufacturing/production units until they are ready for it in a couple months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts