Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had a previous or current car with Matte finish?
It looks really good, but for those who have owned it, what is it like?
What is it like to maintain, clean, etc?

I am asking because of my interest in Big Sur Blue.

·
Registered
42 Posts

We were just talking about this today! I keep going back and forth with getting a car with a matte finish. While it looks great how is it to maintain a matte finish car!?

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
499 Posts
I'm hopeful that the Sea Salt interior will be available with an orange stripe if I decide to buy an orange Ocean. I'm not sure how well the blue stripe would work. I really like the light/dark contrast, so I pretty much have to have Sea Salt.

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
60 Posts

Do you like to hand wash? Basically, it just takes some extra care. How much time do want to spend keeping it clean? You could find a touchless car wash and be fine. I wouldn't be worried about it if you buy, but if you lease I would not get matte/satin.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
Do you like to hand wash? Basically, it just takes some extra care. How much time do want to spend keeping it clean? You could find a touchless car wash and be fine. I wouldn't be worried about it if you buy, but if you lease I would not get matte/satin.
Yes, hand washing is key for a matte car. I got ppf and ceramic on both my latest cars and it helps so much with keeping them clean. I end up only handwashing every two-three months.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, hand washing is key for a matte car. I got ppf and ceramic on both my latest cars and it helps so much with keeping them clean. I end up only handwashing every two-three months.
Great point! PPF the matte and then you can go to a car wash. It will only cost you $5-$8K :whistle:

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
304 Posts

I didn't know that you could apply a ceramic wax over the ppf !!!
ANW ppf is too expensive to get on all the car I will get the front, hood and mirrors with ppf and the remainning with ceramic wax.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I didn't know that you could apply a ceramic wax over the ppf !!!
ANW ppf is too expensive to get on all the car I will get the front, hood and mirrors with ppf and the remainning with ceramic wax.
I spray TW graphene Max Wax and Flex spray on my PPF and the remaining panels that are not PPF.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, both my newest cars have full front ppf - hood, front bumper, quarter panel, headlights, mirror caps (best price/coverage) and ceramic on everything.
If you buy STEK it is already coated and you save a lot. Ceramic coating, paying someone, even doing it yourself is a waste of time and money! You can use a spray that lasts 6-12 months and just recoat it in minutes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts