Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Very relieved to see Winter packge option on Ultra, curious what the Ultra trim option will be and what other colors will arrive than white and two versions of dark. If one is interested in driving the car and not riding behind the wheel, I certainly do not see twenty grand of value in the step to Extreme. I still think Ultra will be the majority of the orders. It's an easier ten grand step from Sport, with that chasm of pricing to go further for not much critical content and almost no range improvement. Certainly don't need Smart Traction in this part of the country and who will really sit still to spin the screen to watch a movie with these faster recharging speeds on the infrequent road trip beyond what the battery got from home? I am assuming all the cars have navigation, although I didn't notice it called out.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
Very relieved to see Winter packge option on Ultra, curious what the Ultra trim option will be and what other colors will arrive than white and two versions of dark. If one is interested in driving the car and not riding behind the wheel, I certainly do not see twenty grand of value in the step to Extreme. I still think Ultra will be the majority of the orders. It's an easier ten grand step from Sport, with that chasm of pricing to go further for not much critical content and almost no range improvement. Certainly don't need Smart Traction in this part of the country and who will really sit still to spin the screen to watch a movie with these faster recharging speeds on the infrequent road trip beyond what the battery got from home? I am assuming all the cars have navigation, although I didn't notice it called out.
Sport doesn't have navigation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks...where do you see that in the Fisker information, please?
Not sure if this is about Navigation or Winter Package. I had to dig for it so will share for the benefit of others here re' Winter Package info.

Start here: Fisker Ocean | Fisker Inc.
scroll to Choose Your Fisker Oceanit's about 2/3 of the way down
expand See Full Detailsby default it's hidden, only Featured Highlights show
shown as Winter Package – available optionnote the PDF does not show this yet, it's a different cross section of Featured Highlights

It begs the question What about Heated Seats? They are broken out on the Extreme and One and I would imagine a popular Winter Package feature. I rely on the heated front seat more than the cabin heat on my Model 3, would be nice to have it.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
NO Navigation?! Again with this sort of stupidity! My IONIQ BEV does not have it as well, and its a huge pain, vis a vie charging stations and where the AP Hill am I now. My fancy cell phone has to be fapped with in conjunction with charge locations apps. WAY too much hassle.
According to Fisker's documents, no nav on the Sport. The Bolt EV doesn't have nav - but it has Carplay and Android Auto - which allows you to use the phone for the nav. Of course they may add it. Honestly, I think Fisker may rearrange some of the features before the official release. It's not that unusual, especially for a new company.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Sport model lacks some little things I would expect as standard for Premium electric cars: Navigation, Recline of the rear seat and Remote control of the AC. Even an Opel Corsa-e has these features as standard.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Sport model lacks some little things I would expect as standard for Premium electric cars: Navigation, Recline of the rear seat and Remote control of the AC. Even an Opel Corsa-e has these features as standard.
I would suggest that at $38k the Ocean Sport is not a premium BEV, so it shouldn't be judged like one. It's going to lack a few features.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
@diesel701 @Bernie
"The devil is in the details!"
The Fisker World (Reservation Holders) will have to wait until September 2022....
That's when the on-one Configurator will be released and....
Voila', the Optional Packages will be released

For example, we do know about
Winter Mode package
Navigation package?
Digital Matrix LED package
Ski package (pass through and/or reclining seats?)

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
304 Posts
@diesel701 @Bernie
The Fisker World (Reservation Holders) will have to wait until September 2022....

Winter Mode package
Navigation package?
And toe bar also :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
@diesel701 @Bernie

Winter Mode package
Navigation package?
Curious about what you think could be in the Navigation and Digital Matrix LED packages?

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
@ToddH65
At this point, the digital Matrix LED headlamps are purely speculative....

However, the European Ocean owners, which will be 50% of the EV purchasers, will be enthusiastic about the latest greatest lighting system

The ‘digital matrix’ LED headlights use DMD (digital micromirror device) technology. Each headlamp contains approximately 1.3 million micromirrors which disperse the light into tiny pixels,
It could also include digital OLED rear taillights

Here's the news article on Audi digital LED headlamps

1 - 20 of 21 Posts