Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must Have Fisker Ocean Accessories

Fisker will benefit by selling accessories for the Fisker Ocean when deliveries start later this year.
We started to think about what potential accessories Fisker will offer owners later this year when deliveries start. You would think this exercise would be easy when viewing a side-by-side comparison of all Fisker Ocean features. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Some of the more obvious Fisker Ocean accessories we could think of are a roof rack, glass roof sun shade, rubber floor mats, and a key fob. Regardless, Fisker Ocean accessories would be another good incremental revenue source for the company. And the survey says...Read more: Must Have Accessories for Your Fisker Ocean

·
Registered
122 Posts
It would be more helpful to first know that I am getting the car, but Fisker is keeping too much unknown still. If this does happen, the ONLY "must have" is a full time sunroof shade installed on day one and in position for the life of the vehicle, unless they come up with a sunroof delete option in favor of a steel roof.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It would be more helpful to first know that I am getting the car, but Fisker is keeping too much unknown still. If this does happen, the ONLY "must have" is a full time sunroof shade installed on day one and in position for the life of the vehicle, unless they come up with a sunroof delete option in favor of a steel roof.
This is true. I am curious if he will be at the NYAS next week. IF he is will their be new information getting released. As it is April they do not have too many more months before Reservation selection opens for the Ocean One. Which means in the next 2.5 mos I believe we will have a bit more information.

All the detailed information probably will not be released until fall and Summer I am guessing media (youtubers ie: Out of Spec Motoring) will probably get the vehicle to do their tests, reviews, charging curve, and range test in Summer Fall right before they start deliveries.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maybe in the higher trim models like extreme or Ocean One maybe have one but I do doubt it. But that is what aftermarket companies are for.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
338 Posts
From what I saw in the LA show press release, all Ocean trims come with a key fob.

As far as accessories, my list would be: all weather floor mats, panoramic sun shade, and mud guards. Anything else will depend on the final interior reveal.

I think concerns over the panoramic roof are a little overstated. You can easily put in additional tint or a removable shade. It's a shame Fisker didn't design a built-in motorized cover like on the ID4 or Ioniq 5. It would be much more useful than "California Mode".

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think concerns over the panoramic roof are a little overstated. You can easily put in additional tint or a removable shade. It's a shame Fisker didn't design a built-in motorized cover like on the ID4 or Ioniq 5. It would be much more useful than "California Mode".
I think they are not overstated. If you live where it can range from 110-120F in the summer and have an unfortunate dermatological history, you would understand the desire for zero overhead light on a bald head. Don't want to wear a cap and our best available tint is not to 0%. Vinyl wraps won't survive on a sunroof. Without a sunroof delete, which would be preferred to eliminate sunlight and add headroom, the shade is the exact solution already noted, and unless Fisker makes one, I don't know of another that will fit correctly without buzz/squeak/rattle issues. The low volume may not justify an aftermarket company other than through Fisker.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think they are not overstated. If you live where it can range from 110-120F in the summer and have an unfortunate dermatological history, you would understand the desire for zero overhead light on a bald head. Don't want to wear a cap and our best available tint is not to 0%. Vinyl wraps won't survive on a sunroof. Without a sunroof delete, which would be preferred to eliminate sunlight and add headroom, the shade is the exact solution already noted, and unless Fisker makes one, I don't know of another that will fit correctly without buzz/squeak/rattle issues. The low volume may not justify an aftermarket company other than through Fisker.
Over a million model 3 have been sold, all with panoramic roofs. People that do have an issue, simply had additional high quality ceramic tint installed on the glass. Why isn't 0% available. The roof doesn't have to abide by local tinting laws - only side glass. The glass will already have tint and UV protection, adding another layer or two wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Over a million model 3 have been sold, all with panoramic roofs. People that do have an issue, simply had additional high quality ceramic tint installed on the glass. Why isn't 0% available. The roof doesn't have to abide by local tinting laws - only side glass. The glass will already have tint and UV protection, adding another layer or two wouldn't hurt.
If you know of a tint brand that manufacturers 0%, please share. My inquiries have not found one.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you know of a tint brand that manufacturers 0%, please share. My inquiries have not found one.
Sorry, I haven't had a car tinted in 25+ years. I did searches and see it is available. Here is one link on Amazon.com.

·
Registered
338 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts