Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I came strolling over here from the Audi e-Tron forum.
In the e-Tron forum, many others and I have been waiting patiently for the Q4.
Unfortunately, it is taking forever due to the global chip shortage, and the competition isn't waiting.
In my estimate, the Ocean is serious competition to the Q4, so Mr. Fisker took my reservation money.
The specs for the Ocean are too good to ignore.
So here I sit patiently waiting in 2 queues—one with the Q4 folks and one with you all. We will see what happens in Q4 2022.

Thanks for setting up this forum.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
Hi all,

I came strolling over here from the Audi e-Tron forum.
In the e-Tron forum, many others and I have been waiting patiently for the Q4.
Unfortunately, it is taking forever due to the global chip shortage, and the competition isn't waiting.
In my estimate, the Ocean is serious competition to the Q4, so Mr. Fisker took my reservation money.
The specs for the Ocean are too good to ignore.
So here I sit patiently waiting in 2 queues—one with the Q4 folks and one with you all. We will see what happens in Q4 2022.

Thanks for setting up this forum.
Welcome!

If speed of delivery is a concern, having 33k people in line in front of you may be an issue. I'm guessing new Ocean reservations will be getting cars in late 2023 and most likely 2024.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
304 Posts
Welcome!

If speed of delivery is a concern, having 33k people in line in front of you may be an issue. I'm guessing new Ocean reservations will be getting cars in late 2023 and most likely 2024.
Yep I agree with you
@kxo7000 I don't know if you need your Ocean rush next year or you can wait, but probably not before the end of 2023 at the earliest. :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You both speak truths.
My reservation was on 3/1, which still puts 31K+ ahead of me.
I thought I heard Mr. Fisker say in an interview that they intend to produce 5K cars a month? Maybe I heard wrong. Maybe that is way too optimistic. Maybe they won't get to that number until much later than Nov 2022.
Well, I'll just sit here....waiting 😴

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
You both speak truths.
I thought I heard Mr. Fisker say in an interview that they intend to produce 5K cars a month? Maybe I heard wrong. Maybe that is way too optimistic. Maybe they won't get to that number until much later than Nov 2022.
Personally, I think it is too optimistic. Every new EV coming out seems to have a delay one way or another. Whether it's a couple weeks or several months, we don't know. Look at the issues the Lucid, Rivian, and even Tesla has when getting a new car line up and running. Magna-Steyr does low volume cars for the most part. The Jaquar I-Pace EV (the closest thing they make to the Ocean) only sells about 1500 units a month worldwide.

I've been following the modern EV movement since 2008. I've been driving electric since 2011.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
304 Posts
You both speak truths.
Starting in November, maybe a little bit earlier, and rand up to 5000/month. Their target is 50,000 until end of 2023 so if everything goes right and considering the transport to USA , about 3 weeks with loading and unloading, it could be in November. But I agree with MTN Ranger everything can happen. Patience is a virtue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts