Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from sunny L.A.

New to the forum; Fisker reservation and stock holder (I want the ONE edition but don't want 22" wheels so likely will get the Extreme if can't get the ONE with 20" wheels).

We are an all EV family; I have a Model 3 and my wife has an ID.4. I have been looking for a car to replace the 3. I have multiple reservations for upcoming EVs and still trying to decide but have the Fisker at the top of the list (the Rivian was at the top but the price "adjustment" they announced yesterday changed my preferences).

I saw the Fisker Ocean (and Henrik) at the L.A. Auto Show last year. The car looks even better in person than in pictures. I actually met and had a conversation with Henrik years ago at the L.A. Auto Show when he was there promoting the Karma.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
Hello from sunny L.A.

New to the forum; Fisker reservation and stock holder (I want the ONE edition but don't want 22" wheels so likely will get the Extreme if can't get the ONE with 20" wheels).

We are an all EV family; I have a Model 3 and my wife has an ID.4. I have been looking for a car to replace the 3. I have multiple reservations for upcoming EVs and still trying to decide but have the Fisker at the top of the list (the Rivian was at the top but the price "adjustment" they announced yesterday changed my preferences).

I saw the Fisker Ocean (and Henrik) at the L.A. Auto Show last year. The car looks even better in person than in pictures. I actually met and had a conversation with Henrik years ago at the L.A. Auto Show when he was there promoting the Karma.
Welcome aboard TT97! Looks like you're already an EV pro. I'll bet that makes you feel lots better when charging your EVs than paying the California $5.00+ gas prices. Yes, that price increase from Rivian probably felt like a punch in the gut!

·
Registered
2020 Tesla Model 3, 2013 Chevy Volt
57 Posts
Welcome aboard. We may be small in membership, but make up with it with rabid enthusiasm. I'm waiting for safety tests to be performed before reserving. I'd probably prefer the 20 inch wheel too (better range and ride).
I too prefer the 20" wheels for range and ride. I really dislike the stealth covers though. I wish there were other options. If you take those off will you lose range?

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard TT97! Looks like you're already an EV pro. I'll bet that makes you feel lots better when charging your EVs than paying the California $5.00+ gas prices. Yes, that price increase from Rivian probably felt like a punch in the gut!
I always assumed there would be a price increase with the Rivian - in the numbers I ran I always used an extra $5k but the price jumped $16.5k (and assuming they will likely have another increase by the time my number came up although have a feeling that queue got considerably shorter yesterday).

Jogging this morning I saw $5.50/gallon - nice knowing not paying those anymore, unfortunately, all the products I buy are coming on trucks still paying those prices.

I too prefer the 20" wheels for range and ride. I really dislike the stealth covers though. I wish there were other options. If you take those off will you lose range?
Before my Tesla, I had an MB C300 that had low profile 19" wheels. In the 3 years I owned the car, I had 4 blow outs and cracked two wheel from pot holes (thankfully, I was suckered by the dealer to get the wheel and tire insurance). After that, I never wanted low profile tires again.

I actually like the look of the stealth covers - looks very apocalyptic. My Model 3 has wheel covers as well. Didn't like them at first but they grew on me. The range loss without the covers is only about 4-5% on the Tesla (vs. 10+% going from 18" to 19"). Figure will be similar on the Ocean.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
@TT97
I saw the Fisker Ocean (and Henrik) at the L.A. Auto Show last year. The car looks even better in person than in pictures.
Congrats and it's a honour to welcome an all EV family!
I've heard that the Fisker Ocean is even more impressive in person!
Great to hear your take on the Ocean and all the other EV's you've been researching

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
Here's the thing with aero covers. I've done a lot of testing since I have a YouTube channel. For the most part, a lot of people use the aero covers on a Model 3 for long distance trips. At highway speeds you can see a 5% increase in range. For city driving it really doesn't add a lot since aerodynamics is not as important at slower speeds.

Personally I didn't like the Model 3 OEM aero covers. However, over time there have been alternatives available. It's possible that a company like Rimetrix could make a different design for the Fisker. I leave the silver ones on all the time. For example see this group of photos (from top to bottom): aero covers, bare wheel (dark gray), Mayde chrome covers, Rimetrix Black, Rimetrix Silver.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
Here's the thing with aero covers. I've done a lot of testing since I have a YouTube channel. For the most part, a lot of people use the aero covers on a Model 3 for long distance trips. At highway speeds you can see a 5% increase in range. For city driving it really doesn't add a lot since aerodynamics is not as important at slower speeds.

Personally I didn't like the Model 3 OEM aero covers. However, over time there have been alternatives available. It's possible that a company like Rimetrix could make a different design for the Fisker. I leave the silver ones on all the time. For example see this group of photos (from top to bottom): aero covers, bare wheel, Mayde chrome covers, Rimetrix Black, Rimetrix Silver.
Top: View attachment 350
The Rimetrix Silver that you're running definitely look the best on your car...in my opinion.(y) I think the stealth covers for the Ocean look hideous! :sick: Guess I'm old fashioned, but I don't like the black rims of any description running on late-model cars on the road today. If everything works out and I complete the purchase of an Ocean Ultra, I will most likely go with the 20" wheels for a better ride and range efficiency. My only concern with the 20" versus the 22" wheels is how they will look on the Ocean considering just how large those wheel well openings are? I'm not sure that we have seen any actual photos of an Ocean with 20" wheels fitted? So, I wonder if there is a real noticeable difference with the look of the car with the different wheel sizes that are offered? Anybody know of any 20" wheel shot(s)?

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
The Rimetrix Silver that you're running definitely look the best on your car...in my opinion.(y) I think the stealth covers for the Ocean look hideous! :sick: Guess I'm old fashioned, but I don't like the black rims of any description running on late-model cars on the road today. If everything works out and I complete the purchase of an Ocean Ultra, I will most likely go with the 20" wheels for a better ride and range efficiency. My only concern with the 20" versus the 22" wheels is how they will look on the Ocean considering just how large those wheel well openings are? I'm not sure that we have seen any actual photos of an Ocean with 20" wheels fitted? So, I wonder if there is a real noticeable difference with the look of the car with the different wheel sizes that are offered? Anybody know of any 20" wheel shot(s)?
The only thing I could find are these two renders of a prototype aero wheel. I noticed that the design is different than the latest wheel option list.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Product

Reactions: UltraVol
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.