Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am also super excited for this brand to take off and do well! I am an avid EV proponent and have had an I3, Chevy Bolt, Kia Niro EV and Model Y. Got a very early early Model Y with some issues I could not live with and sold it. The entire car would vibrate at high speeds. Tesla tried fixing it a few times but could not completely remedy it. The Model Y was the best car I have ever had and would buy again, but current prices have escalated beyond what I would be willing pay for another one. One of my biggest concerns with Fisker Ocean is the software they will deploy. I remember VW had significant issues when they released their ID3 in Europe. I also want to mention that I am excited about the Flexee lease program. Hope it works out for Fisker and us customers! Can't wait for the experience center to open at the Groove soon! Hoping to learn/contribute from/to this forum! Thx, Ted

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome aboard. I to am in So Cal myself. San Diego so I am hoping they do put a experience center down here but I doubt it for now at least. But seems our UTC mall is becoming a HUB for electric car showrooms.

For people not sure what UTC stands for it is University Town Center Westfields Mall. At this particular mall we have Tesla, Lucid, Vinfast (coming soon), some 3 wheel electric in town vehicle. So hoping perhaps Fisker will show up.

The Vinfast is a vientamese EV where you rent the battery pack on a subscription basis. I think they said once battery degrades down to only %70 on 100% SOC they will replace the battery free of charge. If you want to reserve one, reserve before April 5, 2022, so you can and get a 3k or 5k NFT credit towards purchase of one of their vehicles but you have to purchase by the end of this year. They start deliveries soon in the USA.
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
I am also super excited for this brand to take off and do well!
I am an avid EV proponent and have had an I3, Chevy Bolt, Kia Niro EV and Model Y.
Can't wait for the experience center to open at the Groove soon!
Hoping to learn/contribute from/to this forum! Thx, Ted
your kind of enthusiasm is infectious!
welcome aboard.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
I think they said once battery degrades down to only %70 on 100% SOC they will replace the battery free of charge.
Vinfast only leases the battery packs, there is no warranty per se. Almost all manufacturers have a 70% degradation warranty on the battery pack.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Vinfast only leases the battery packs, there is no warranty per se. Almost all manufacturers have a 70% degradation warranty on the battery pack.
That is true but the one difference is Vinfast battery replacement will be for life of the car as the battery leasing program unlike other companies only a 10 - 12 year 100k - 110kmi warranty. However, if you are a person who plans on keeping vehicle longer than 10years battery leasing is not a good option as you will be paying more for batteries than anything else. However, you will never lose max range in 10 years as it will stay the same as it was when it was brand new. Pros and Cons I guess. I think I read unlimited mileage will be $160 month and 320mi a month will be .11mi over that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I reserved a VF-8 in addition to the Ocean and Pear. I'm temporarily driving an ICE car and just hurts to pay $6/gallon today. Hoping the Oceans land in customers hands end of this year. Has anyone seen spy shots of the Ocean cold weather testing anywhere on the internet?

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
@1800sss
Be sure to use Premium fuel for that Jag!
Has anyone seen spy shots of the Ocean cold weather testing anywhere on the internet?
Not a hint of testing but I’m available for Canadian Winter testing…
No Charge of course!

• Haha
Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
That is true but the one difference is Vinfast battery replacement will be for life of the car as the battery leasing program unlike other companies only a 10 - 12 year 100k - 110kmi warranty. However, if you are a person who plans on keeping vehicle longer than 10years battery leasing is not a good option as you will be paying more for batteries than anything else. However, you will never lose max range in 10 years as it will stay the same as it was when it was brand new. Pros and Cons I guess. I think I read unlimited mileage will be $160 month and 320mi a month will be .11mi over that
It's just announced that Vinfast is building a $4B auto factory 27 miles from my house.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts