Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the Volunteer State of Tennessee! Been lurking on the forum for a few days now just to see if I wanted to join or not. I've found the info on this site both interesting and useful in trying to figure out what's real and what's not concerning the Fisker Ocean Ultra Trim model's specs, included features and available options

I'm 74 years old and this will be my first electric vehicle if everything pans out on the Fisker Ocean. I was pretty much sold on the KIA EV6 looking at all the company and press information. However, once my wife and I saw one in person at a local dealership, we weren't all that impressed with what we saw and left disappointed with the EV6. We've also have tossed around the idea of a Mach-E or Aryia. But, the Ocean Ultra is currently the EV that checks off more of the boxes that we are looking for in an EV. So, we took the plunge and put down our reservation money on the Fisker. Furthermore, we have never leased a vehicle before. The Fisker Ocean's lease arrangement looks rather interesting if the "$379" Starting Price doesn't get out of hand which would rule it out for us. We're also wondering just how appealing the Fisker financing program will turn out to be? Looks like they will also be willing to take your car in as a trade if you elect the purchase option. Will be interesting to see how accommodative they will be on their trade-in valuations.

Oh well, I could go on and on with thoughts and questions that enter my mind when thinking and analyzing about this decision on getting a new car. So, I'll just stay tuned-in and see how things go from here!

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
620 Posts
Hello from the Volunteer State of Tennessee! Been lurking on the forum for a few days now just to see if I wanted to join or not. I've found the info on this site both interesting and useful in trying to figure out what's real and what's not concerning the Fisker Ocean Ultra Trim model's specs, included features and available options

I'm 74 years old and this will be my first electric vehicle if everything pans out on the Fisker Ocean. I was pretty much sold on the KIA EV6 looking at all the company and press information. However, once my wife and I saw one in person at a local dealership, we weren't all that impressed with what we saw and left disappointed with the EV6. We've also have tossed around the idea of a Mach-E or Aryia. But, the Ocean Ultra is currently the EV that checks off more of the boxes that we are looking for in an EV. So, we took the plunge and put down our reservation money on the Fisker. Furthermore, we have never leased a vehicle before. The Fisker Ocean's lease arrangement looks rather interesting if the "$379" Starting Price doesn't get out of hand which would rule it out for us. We're also wondering just how appealing the Fisker financing program will turn out to be? Looks like they will also be willing to take your car in as a trade if you elect the purchase option. Will be interesting to see how accommodative they will be on their trade-in valuations.

Oh well, I could go on and on with thoughts and questions that enter my mind when thinking and analyzing about this decision on getting a new car. So, I'll just stay tuned-in and see how things go from here!
@UltraVol Welcome on the forum. Your comments are good and questions appropriated but it is too early to get all the answers! Their leasing will be amazing but of course $379 is for the base version "Sport" so it will rise when you will upgrade your Ocean. Stay with us more to come! (y)

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@UltraVol Welcome on the forum. Your comments are good and questions appropriated but it is too early to get all the answers! Their leasing will be amazing but of course $379 is for the base version "Sport" so it will rise when you will upgrade your Ocean. Stay with us more to come! (y)
Yeah you are correct, thanks Baker. About all we can do right now is pick up a few tidbits of information here and there from all the sources we are monitoring. Hopefully, the picture will get clearer in the days/months to come as the launch gets closer. News out of Henrik's factory visit Friday and Barcelona next week should be interesting and possibly informative. Stay tuned!;)

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
@UltraVol
Great to hear your EV story.....
You're definitely on the right track because you're interested in
some very good EVs
Ford Mustang Mach E, Nissan Ariya, KIA EV,....

But, our collective biased status says the FISKER OCEAN is the best!
As Baker says, leasing the Ultra will be much more expensive!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that's my point "the $379 starting price doesn't get out of hand" for a lease on an Ultra. However, it may be worth considering once all of the details are known? Who knows, we'll see.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well let's discuss hypothetical numbers without knowing terms. Basically a lease or finance you pay 15 to 30 bucks per 1k. If sport a 38k car with 3k down gets you 379.this could be including them getting tax credit and putting that towards down payment which makes car only 30k - 3k if you wish to still use 3k for downpayment as well and acquisition for lease program. Which then makes sport a 27k car. That is probably where the 379 come in. Now for Ultra which I think if I get Ocean will be one I get. Probably lease will be 500 and finance 550 more than likely.

These are just guesses.

I do not have enough tax liability for full tax credit. So probably lease cause think he said a year or so ago that they will put the 7500 as a rebate on vehicle. Not sure if you will still have to put 3k down or not but even if you still do total price for Ultra will only be 40k. To me that's a bargain and payment will probably be between 440 and 525 in my opinion for just guessing.

I want to stress that none of the numbers are factual these are just my guesses at what it will be. But in the summer I am sure he will release more info. At least by October since production starts october November for retail cars.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well let's discuss hypothetical numbers without knowing terms. Basically a lease or finance you pay 15 to 30 bucks per 1k. If sport a 38k car with 3k down gets you 379.this could be including them getting tax credit and putting that towards down payment which makes car only 30k - 3k if you wish to still use 3k for downpayment as well and acquisition for lease program. Which then makes sport a 27k car. That is probably where the 379 come in. Now for Ultra which I think if I get Ocean will be one I get. Probably lease will be 500 and finance 550 more than likely.

These are just guesses.

I do not have enough tax liability for full tax credit. So probably lease cause think he said a year or so ago that they will put the 7500 as a rebate on vehicle. Not sure if you will still have to put 3k down or not but even if you still do total price for Ultra will only be 40k. To me that's a bargain and payment will probably be between 440 and 525 in my opinion for just guessing.

I want to stress that none of the numbers are factual these are just my guesses at what it will be. But in the summer I am sure he will release more info. At least by October since production starts october November for retail cars.
Yes, I agree with your estimates of $500/$550 which is what I had thought an Ultra lease might run per month. When you throw in downpayments, acquisition lease fees and tax credits it gets real murky real fast! Unfortunately, I won't qualify for any tax credit incentives since I won't/don't have any tax liability to use under current legislation. I'm hoping that Congress gets their act together and at least somehow passes the climate portion of the BBB Bill that is now stalled (hopefully not dead and gone) which would allow everyone to be able to take the $7,500 tax credit...plus...possibly another $5,000 (total $12,500) if the vehicle is built by union labor in the USA. The proposed BBB Bill would also give back GM and Tesla the ability to use the tax credits again on their electric vehicles since they have long ago exceeded their 200,000 EV limit. I believe that the proposed BBB legislation would really kick the electric vehicle business into HIGH GEAR if it could be passed as currently proposed. Sure would make one take a really, really close look at union made vehicles manufactured in the US. That $12,500 credit would be very hard to pass up!(y)

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
@S7davis
Pretty good analysis!
Fisker Ultra with $3,000 down
Lease $440 - $525/ month
30,000 annual miles (48,000 km for Canucks & Europeans)
Return anytime with no penalties

Synopsis: 1 Year lease will costs approximately
Initial Down Payment : $3,000
12 months @ $500 =. $6,000
Total Expense: $9,000

2 Year Lease Cost
Initial Down Payment: $3,000
24 months @ $500 =. $12,000
Total Expense: $15,000. Or $7,500 per year

3 Year Lease Cost
Initial Down Payment: $3,000
36 months @ $500 = $18,000
Total Expense: $21,000. Or $7,000 per year

·
Registered
229 Posts
That is correct. But the Flexee lease isn't a traditional lease so we have to wait for final word. But still even with it just going to bank the credit should still be applied to vehicle or you giving the bank an extra 7500 bucks. So I thought fisker .mentioned few years ago that if leasing you can put the credit towards the vehicle costs as they will be getting the credit via bank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is correct. But the Flexee lease isn't a traditional lease so we have to wait for final word. But still even with it just going to bank the credit should still be applied to vehicle or you giving the bank an extra 7500 bucks. So I thought fisker .mentioned few years ago that if leasing you can put the credit towards the vehicle costs as they will be getting the credit via bank.
Thank you for that information! If what you are saying happens, that makes it even more appealing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts