Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Fiskers wannabees! I'm glad there is a forum started so you can really get the info you need.

By the way, another Canadian aboard. I'm from Winterpeg and have reserved an Ocean in January. Still deciding on the Trim.

Looking forward to sharing the Fisker Ocean journey with y'all.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
301 Posts
Hey fellow Fiskers wannabees! I'm glad there is a forum started so you can really get the info you need.

By the way, another Canadian aboard. I'm from Winterpeg and have reserved an Ocean in January. Still deciding on the Trim.

Looking forward to sharing the Fisker Ocean journey with y'all.
HI @Langer welcome on this forum.
In which province are you and what version do you choice and color?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really want to see if they will bring an Ocean all the way to me especially if it's winter, ha ha. Cannot imagine there will be a service center close.
Hi Langer, I don't know much yet but I think I saw that the strategy will be to use existing fleet management organizations to do this rather than need to staff and build this all in house.

I also found this, a release that indicates Cox Automotive will be used for servicing in the UK, and the same company is found here in Canada as well:

I noticed on the https://coxautoinc.ca/ website they indicate 220 locations around the world. Perhaps there's already one in Winnipeg with a service center. I'm only wildly guessing though, maybe a bit too excited hah!

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
301 Posts
Hi Langer, I don't know much yet but I think I saw that the strategy will be to use existing fleet management organizations to do this rather than need to staff and build this all in house.

I also found this, a release that indicates Cox Automotive will be used for servicing in the UK, and the same company is found here in Canada as well:

I noticed on the https://coxautoinc.ca/ website they indicate 220 locations around the world. Perhaps there's already one in Winnipeg with a service center. I'm only wildly guessing though, maybe a bit too excited hah!
Wow good catch Roland about Cox Automotive, if it is good for UK why not for Canada? Head office at Mississauga, Ontario but cannot find other center address :(

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
@Langer
Welcome to the Fisker World!
Fellow Canucks are most eagerly appreciated...
for their sense of humour, eh!

Winnipeg...home of Cindy Klassen & Guess Who (favourite Canadian band)

• Love
Reactions: Roland

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Blu Angel. Yep, always good to connect with fellow Canuckers. My wife taught Cindy and I'd work out alongside her at the Y. She was so shy back then.

I've just discovered the Ocean less than 2 months ago and have fallen in love with it. I cannot wait. How can you guys who have known about it much earlier wait this long?

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
I've just discovered the Ocean less than 2 months ago and have fallen in love with it. I cannot wait. How can you guys who have known about it much earlier wait this long?
For the longest time, I was thinking of buying either one of the upcoming Volvo EVs or a Polestar 4, which should be released next year. I was a bit of a fanboy even though I remember seeing photos of the Ocean and being really impressed. So in my case, it hasn't been a super long wait. And I'm still waiting to read a road test or 2 and safety tests for going all in.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
339 Posts
I owned a 2012 Chevy Volt and loved that car. I was sad when I had to return it when the lease ended. It's amazing how far things have come in ten years. 35-45 miles range is now 250-300 on my Model 3 for not much difference in price.

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I owned a 2012 Chevy Volt and loved that car. I was sad when I had to return it when the lease ended. It's amazing how far things have come in ten years. 35-45 miles range is now 250-300 on my Model 3 for not much difference in price.
Yeah, I love my '13 Volt alot. It has been very good to me. I want to drive all electric so I am a little tired of plugging it in so often as it is the family main driver. The battery has held up well due to the reserve GM built into the drive battery. Over this winter I noticed some decrease in charging capacity and therefore range. Yet in the last month it has returned and is again charging up to an average of 10.3 kW. I guess it was due to the crazy cold here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts