Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
@ReadingFC

“Fisker is a new name in the UK car market – and that presents the firm with enough challenges
But as it prepares to arrive on our beaches, will the Ocean SUV claim a place amongst us or will it crawl back into the sea?”

I rather like the imagery of the Fisker Ocean slowly emerging from
the deep blue waters of the Mediterranean Ocean and surprise us all!
clearly demonstrated by James Bond in “The Spy who Loved Me.”

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tesla-esque design? I can't think of any Tesla that approaches the Ocean's design. That's the first thing that sucked me in.
I think they are referencing the minimalist interior design with very few buttons and a large screen. The Exterior is much more reminiscent of the Range Rover Evoque (which the review notes) and nothing like a Tesla jellybean shape.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
I think they are referencing the minimalist interior design with very few buttons and a large screen. The Exterior is much more reminiscent of the Range Rover Evoque (which the review notes) and nothing like a Tesla jellybean shape.
Actually, I'm thankful that the Ocean will have some buttons. I don't have too much experience with touch screens (only when I get a loaner car from my Volvo dealership), but I find the lack of buttons too distracting. I don't make changes unless I'm at a red light. Perhaps I'd get used to it, but I'd rather have a few buttons. Just because you can get by without them doesn't mean that you should. A bit off topic here. 😁

·
Registered
52 Posts
Actually, I'm thankful that the Ocean will have some buttons. I don't have too much experience with touch screens (only when I get a loaner car from my Volvo dealership), but I find the lack of buttons too distracting. I don't make changes unless I'm at a red light. Perhaps I'd get used to it, but I'd rather have a few buttons. Just because you can get by without them doesn't mean that you should. A bit off topic here. 😁
FWIW, I have found that I hardly ever miss any buttons in my model 3 (one exception, noted below). The car does pretty much everything automatically anyway. Lights, automatic. High-beam, automatic. Wipers, AC system, open the drive gate, open the garage door, all automatic. It even automatically routes to whatever is on my calendar. Even the windshield washer comes on automatically when the windshield gets dirty (there is also a physical button for that). I use voice commands whenever I want it to route somewhere ("navigate to Costco") and the touch screen is very good for selecting entertainment options (radio, streaming, podcasts, etc.). The one thing that is annoying is the screen control of the vents. The technology is very impressive, but I find it to be a pain. Otherwise, I find it to be superior and I like the clean and clutter-free look and feel. (OTOH I bought the first iPhone the day it came out, so I like that general aesthetic.) My 2 cents.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
338 Posts
FWIW, I have found that I hardly ever miss any buttons in my model 3 (one exception, noted below). The car does pretty much everything automatically anyway. Lights, automatic. High-beam, automatic. Wipers, AC system, open the drive gate, open the garage door, all automatic. It even automatically routes to whatever is on my calendar. Even the windshield washer comes on automatically when the windshield gets dirty (there is also a physical button for that). I use voice commands whenever I want it to route somewhere ("navigate to Costco") and the touch screen is very good for selecting entertainment options (radio, streaming, podcasts, etc.). The one thing that is annoying is the screen control of the vents. The technology is very impressive, but I find it to be a pain. Otherwise, I find it to be superior and I like the clean and clutter-free look and feel. (OTOH I bought the first iPhone the day it came out, so I like that general aesthetic.) My 2 cents.
I agree. I hope that Fisker includes a similar "Profiles" ability to save all custom settings for multiple users. I rarely have to change settings in the car. Most are can be done by voice control anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts