Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Fisker's reasoning is exactly that. They have to put in felt and a light and an emergency cord, so all of this brings the cost up. They need to be able to access all of that stuff just in case the car needs to be serviced so it seems like they have hinges and struts to keep it up. I'm interested to know how that much bulk upfront is going to affect handling and what the weight balance on the car is going to be.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
It's hard to tell from the angle really how much room the components take up. Here is a view of my frunk (with the trim removed) and there is still a lot of stuff in there. It would be even more packed if it had a front motor.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Light

Reactions: Revilo

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
Fisker's reasoning is exactly that. They have to put in felt and a light and an emergency cord, so all of this brings the cost up. They need to be able to access all of that stuff just in case the car needs to be serviced so it seems like they have hinges and struts to keep it up. I'm interested to know how that much bulk upfront is going to affect handling and what the weight balance on the car is going to be.
Weight balance is never going to be an issue for BEVs as the batteries are the heaviest component of the car and can be placed anywhere they want. The center of weight on a BEV will always be extremely low with the balance however the designer wants.

Reactions: HotIce and Baker

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
624 Posts
Weight balance is never going to be an issue for BEVs as the batteries are the heaviest component of the car and can be placed anywhere they want. The center of weight on a BEV will always be extremely low with the balance however the designer wants.
Also keep in mind that AWD will get a motor in the back, that will help.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The heaviest part (the motor) is between the wheels. The things above that are probably control modules. I also think you are underestimated how darn heavy that battery plate is ;).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts