Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's diappointing to me, it might not come in handy in California, but for those in super humid hot areas, well implemented cooling seats like in my EV6 make a huge difference with the perforated faux leather seats that get toasty. I'd rather have this than a taco tray to be honest.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
Not surprising, if it were going to be a thing, ventilated seats would have listed on the press kits from last year and earlier this year. Of course, I would like to have them, but we will probably have to wait for a future Ocean refresh (along with a HUD).

·
Registered
Referral ode JCP1CQ
165 Posts
I like Henrik, but that is a very Elon answer! :)
But an answer though, and I think we need a lot of answers, so keep it coming! I`m sure there will be answers that will disappoint and answers that will wow us. Let us know now, so that we will look forward to what we love, and learn to live with what we would have loved.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
In what way? This is not the equivalent of FSD he is talking about. I have only seen ventilated seats on seats with non-breathing materials like leather of faux leather. The take-away here is that you should probably not get the vegan leather seats if you wanted ventilation.
No, it's referencing when Tesla takes away standard features it's because "you don't need it" or "cars' data shows that nobody uses it".

BTW, faux-leather and vegan leather are basically the same thing, polyurethane.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
No, it's referencing when Tesla takes away standard features it's because "you don't need it" or "cars' data shows that nobody uses it".

BTW, faux-leather and vegan leather are basically the same thing, polyurethane.
Yes, it was just the reference to "Don't need it." It's Elon's standard reply whenever someone asks about a feature.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
214 Posts
Well at least it’s something that can added in the future for new reasons to buy a new Ocean. I’m lucky that my rear end doesn’t care, but that would be a 100% deal killer for my wife. The last 15 years of hot flashes and home temperatures of cold or colder and making me want to rent a freakin parka half the time 🥶. All those that are married can probably relate.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well at least it’s something that can added in the future for new reasons to buy a new Ocean. I’m lucky that my rear end doesn’t care, but that would be a 100% deal killer for my wife. The last 15 years of hot flashes and home temperatures of cold or colder and making me want to rent a freakin parka half the time 🥶. All those that are married can probably relate.
I don’t know who kicks the sheet/comforter off the bed more each night, my wife or my dog😁

·
Registered
19 Posts
My other half suffers from the same so I can totally relate. It does not matter if you live in California or in coldest Scandinavia, the issue remains the same. Ventilated seats is something I really hoped the Ocean would've had. Considering how many women suffer from hot flashes you'd think it would be more thought and consideration going into this. I'm certain you'd be able to sell more cars just on that alone as buying a car is often (as it should be) a joint decision.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts