Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2013 BMW X3 - Reserved
25 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the ultra. Seems like the best value. I will also go with the lease.
I agree with you on the value of the Ultra if you need AWD, Ca Mode, on a daily basis an extra 22 (charge to 80%) miles range over the Sport, etc. I personally am considering the Sport at $37,500 with LFP batteries (daily charge to 100%, longer life with less degradation, 250m range). I am coming from an BMW X3 AWD I have realized I really don’t need it. I rarely open the sunroof and I don’t need excessive acceleration. Hoping option packages will provide a winter package, etc.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
My heart says ULTRA.... awd , California Mode, Hyper Sound & NMC battery for 340 miles (550 km) for cross country tripping

My brain says SPORT.....fwd , LFP battery for 250 miles (405 km) AND $5000 Canadian Federal EV Rebate

❤❤❤❤❤

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, quick question: I reserved a Fisker Ocean One on January 9, 2022. Aren’t only the first 5000 produced to be that model? I believe there are well over 20,000 reservations at this point so should I change my reservation to the Fisker Ocean Extreme?

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
722 Posts
Congrats!
"Young Jim" please come to the front of the line!
  • The first 5,000 Fisker Oceans produced will be launch editions carrying the Fisker Ocean One designation priced at $68,999, with extra standard equipment, including 22” F3 SlipStream wheels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
@jimpell Actually the initial Fisker "Launch" was done back in 2020. I jumped on that the moment it opened. At that time there were no trim or pricing options like we currently have. Those were supposed to be the first edition cars (only 5000).
However, I'm guessing there are 2 reservation lists. The original "Launch" list I just described in 2020. Then a new "list" for all reservations based on the new trim & pricing levels introduced at the LA Auto show at the end of 2021.

I just wrote to FIsker support about this to get further clarification.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
499 Posts
I'll have to go with the Extreme. I want most of the goodies, especially the digital radar with all of its capabilities (the lower models will do less) and the cold weather stuff. I keep cars for a while so I'd rather get everything I want and keep it until some breakthroughs in battery technology (which I read articles about weekly. As Henrik said, these things take time to reach the market, between testing and setting up production).

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
48 Posts
My heart says ULTRA.... awd , California Mode, Hyper Sound & NMC battery for 340 miles (550 km) for cross country tripping

My brain says SPORT.....fwd , LFP battery for 250 miles (405 km) AND $5000 Canadian Federal EV Rebate

❤❤❤❤❤
You've got me second guessing the Ultra... stop it will ya?:unsure: . Actually, I have been having the same back and forth as you.

I've been debating internally about the battery amongst other things. I wonder if they will have a charging safeguard on the battery (especially the NMC) like my Volt where it charges 25-80% and you don't see the top and bottom range in the display. How well will the LFP do in the 6 months of cold weather? How long before I see degradation on the NMC? I have so many questions. I will be preparing a list of all my questions to be answered between now and the vehicle configuration process. I certainly hope they assign a physical person for each purchase and not just online selection.

I've been wondering if the Canadian federal rebate will actually apply. First it has to make it on the eligible vehicle list in time for our purchase. One thing that may keep it off is the currency exchange. 45k max/37.5 purchase price is only 1.2. Current exchange is around 1.3? It all depends on CAD MSRP. Henrik did say somewhere it would be eligible though. Well, you are well before me on the reservation list so I will be eagerly hanging on your and others overall experience anyway to help me make my decision.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts