Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
This has been known for a while now. Three weeks ago? Q3 2023 could be end of Sept 2023, which is close to late 2023 to me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm going to say that it did. If I get an invite we will know for sure as I did redo my reservation until May 30. I think he should have done a smaller batch of like 1500 or 2k. But we will see in a few months.

But while we wait put in a deposit on blazer while we wait.

So far have fisker, vinfast, Chevy blazer reserved

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,168 Posts
Does that confirm that demand for the One/Extreme didn't live up to the hype?
Hmm.
I believe the ONE/Extreme models are holding their momentum & demand

The Oceanforum poll (July 22, 2022) shows strong demand for the upper trim models:

ONE/Extreme: 28 votes cast / 69 total votes = 40.5 %
Ocean Ultra: 36 votes cast / 69 total votes = 52.2 %
Ocean Sport: 05 votes cast / 69 total votes = 7.2 %

@Fiskerati
"The Ocean Sport electric SUV could get produced in either July, August, or September of next year.
This could mean one or two things.
Either demand for the most expensive trims may not be as strong as initially thought
or Fisker has found a way to increase production capacity."

IMHO, Magna Steyr has found a way to increase its production capacity.
This could also mean that Magna Steyr will ramp up quicker than prognosticated.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
Does that confirm that demand for the One/Extreme didn't live up to the hype?

Hmm.
How do you mean? The only reason that the One goes into Q3 is due to deliveries of UK & Canada starting in June; my guess is that all (or almost all) the Nov '22 countries will have Ones produced by end of Q1.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
624 Posts
How do you mean? The only reason that the One goes into Q3 is due to deliveries of UK & Canada starting in June; my guess is that all (or almost all) the Nov '22 countries will have Ones produced by end of Q1.
Working in international procurement, right now the lead time to get a container move from Europe/Asia and delivered in North America is between 6 and 8 weeks. Knowing that cars do not need containers but specific kind of boat and delivery are most of the time on East coast for stock coming from Europe it could take only 4 weeks. So if One is produced in Q1 (Jan-Mar) the latest date arrival in Canada (Halifax port) would be in May.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
Working in international procurement, right now the lead time to get a container move from Europe/Asia and delivered in North America is between 6 and 8 weeks. Knowing that cars do not need containers but specific kind of boat and delivery are most of the time on East coast for stock coming from Europe it could take only 4 weeks. So if One is produced in Q1 (Jan-Mar) the latest date arrival in Canada (Halifax port) would be in May.
Having had a reservation for an ID.4, there was a lot of activity on the forum about timing (VW would alert you when the car left the factory and when it would arrive). Typical shipping time was 4-6 weeks (including U.S. transportation). Initially, the west coast cars unloaded in Houston but then changed to San Diego. As Austria is land locked, it probably adds another week to get to a boat.

I don't expect shipping to Canada being any longer than shipping to the U.S., I was using Canada as the last ones due to Fisker's Launch schedule:

From November 2022: Austria, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Sweden, The United States
From April 2023: France
From June 2023: Canada and The United Kingdom

I can not figure out why Canada is June and not in the initial launch (UK makes sense due to RHD), my only guess is they need some authorization to sell in Canada and will take a while. I do not know the regulations to sell in Canada but doubt they are having Canadian buyers purchase through the U.S.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Having had a reservation for an ID.4, there was a lot of activity on the forum about timing (VW would alert you when the car left the factory and when it would arrive). Typical shipping time was 4-6 weeks (including U.S. transportation). Initially, the west coast cars unloaded in Houston but then changed to San Diego. As Austria is land locked, it probably adds another week to get to a boat.

I don't expect shipping to Canada being any longer than shipping to the U.S., I was using Canada as the last ones due to Fisker's Launch schedule:

From November 2022: Austria, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Sweden, The United States
From April 2023: France
From June 2023: Canada and The United Kingdom

I can not figure out why Canada is June and not in the initial launch (UK makes sense due to RHD), my only guess is they need some authorization to sell in Canada and will take a while. I do not know the regulations to sell in Canada but doubt they are having Canadian buyers purchase through the U.S.
Good point about regulation in Canada, we always are special and take soooooooo long to fix things! :ROFLMAO: :(

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds like old news to some, but I haven't seen any articles or videos written about it. Now there is an article and a video! 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
178 Posts
@Blu Angel Yeah, softening demand for high-end trims, increased capacity, or a new third possibility...a typo! I'm with you thinking it is an increase in capacity by Magna and other suppliers. Previously, I remember Henrik saying Magna was already on board. It was finding a path forward for other suppliers. Just need to wait until August 3rd for the update on the earnings call.

Reactions: Baker and Blu Angel

·
Registered
341 Posts
They really need to work very hard on moving up the dates or they will start to lose folks.
Hyundai isn't messing around, neither is Polestar. Polestar will begin taking orders for the 3 in October this year and that can poach folks from the Ocean Extreme queue.

·
Registered
Referral ode JCP1CQ
165 Posts
They really need to work very hard on moving up the dates or they will start to lose folks.
Hyundai isn't messing around, neither is Polestar. Polestar will begin taking orders for the 3 in October this year and that can poach folks from the Ocean Extreme queue.
Hyundai has cancelled all orders and reservations for the Ioniq5 in Denmark. They dont know when they can deliver. KIA EV 6 has a delivery time for over 18 months and they wont say which price in 18 months from now. I think its very important for Fisker to announce realistic delivery time. Deliver quality. The EV market is giga hugh. The demand is so much higher than the industri can deliver. Each of us - the customers - have to decide who we believe in. Which car we like the most, is it affordable etc. - and stick to it! We love to stick with the Fisker Ocean 🌊🤩

·
Registered
123 Posts
Polestar can take all the ordered they want, they still have to deliver….just like the rest of them.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Polestar can take all the ordered they want, they still have to deliver….just like the rest of them.
They are delivering though. I'm starting to see more and more shiny new Polestar2s here in TX, and on their website, they are quoting October 2022 (earliest) delivery for a new-build order placed today.

·
Registered
624 Posts
They are delivering though. I'm starting to see more and more shiny new Polestar2s here in TX, and on their website, they are quoting October 2022 (earliest) delivery for a new-build order placed today.
I did a road test last thursday on a Polestar 2 AWD, very confortable, quiet and powerful.
They confirmed me a delivery between 6 to 8 months which one is a lot better than many other cies. I reserved in June so delivery would be between Jan/Mar 2023.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The post was about the Polestar 3 orders - at least that what I was responding to. Anyone can take orders.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did a road test last thursday on a Polestar 2 AWD, very confortable, quiet and powerful.
They confirmed me a delivery between 6 to 8 months which one is a lot better than many other cies. I reserved in June so delivery would be between Jan/Mar 2023.
I ordered a Polestar 2 AWD a few weeks back and was told by the salesman and my email confirmation an October delivery date. If the Ocean Ultra ends up being something that I hope it will be , I will give my Son the Polestar 2.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts