Fisker Ocean Forum banner

ONE officially selling out in certain regions? Yes, according to reports.

4K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  371 
#1 ·
This was from a user from Denmark.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

Product Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot

See less See more
#4 ·
I've checked virtually every group, forum, and social media site and have only seen these two examples. They're posted everywhere! We need more examples of regions being sold out before we can celebrate! 🥳

Reactions: Danmark
#6 ·
I’m in NY and have a reservation around 31,000 from mid-February. I received the time extension on my One pre-order expiration (as many did), but when I checked recently, I get The Orange Screen of Doom. Congrats to all those in the northeast that snapped up their Ones. I would’ve considered joining you if Fisker was more forthcoming with details on other trim levels so I could make an informed decision, but will wait to see what the Ultra trim will offer.

#9 ·
It looks like things are done now. For all the (somewhat understandably) angry responses to the $5k non-refundable deposit, Fisker now goes into the 2Q results meeting with an exceptionally strong story that 5,000 people have put down very large non-refundable deposits. There is now zero question that production through ~March is completely sold at the top-of-the-range price in the limited launch markets. Very strong signal to investors versus the "reservations" story that we have seen in the past.

#19 ·
Interestingly, the language did not state they filled all 5k reservations, rather that it was closed. It may just be a legalese way of saying it, but just thought it was interesting. Given how much HF likes to load up the praise train, I thought it would be bit more RahRah in their announcement. Regardless it's exciting to see the next chapter begin and hopefully we will get some more good news from the earnings call.

#21 ·
But we can deduce that they've sold out. If I needed 5,000 units and I was a day away from my shareholders meeting, I'd keep the books open because I need every order I can get. It doesn't add up to close the order books if they're still under the 5,000 threshold.

#22 ·
It is also possible that they will hold back a few tens of units for high-profile influencers who may come late to the party. I know people do not like that, but keeping a few cars available for celebrities and influencers makes a lot of sense from a business perspective. If I were CEO I would close out at 4950 so I have a handful of ONE badged units available in case I find a good use for them. Once I get past Nov or so I would release them to the wait list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.