Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Been waiting for a video like this. Has me very excited and focusing on the positives again. Love that it is super quiet and the positives on the interior. Also happy that I went for the Ultra, that roof would frustrate me and I would be disappointed to tint. Maybe they will add a solar roof delete to the Extremes? Wish he could have tested California mode too. Fingers crossed that some how the tax credit comes through.

· Registered
195 Posts
GET ME MY VALRPOATE - THE FLASHING LIGHTS GONNA GIVE MY EPILEPSY.

Can I ask all those who want to supertint the solar roof. Do you not think one of the purpose that most people wish in a solar roof is the feeling of openness. Yes you can open it but not when raining.

I've said from day one this is stupid. I would like an extreme but this will make me reconsider. For those suggesting getting ultra and specing up.. that makes no sense as it costs more as HF has decided to misbundle items so what you like is over 2 packs so need to buy both.

Also worried the interior is smaller than id4 feeling.

May have to look at alternative EVs

· Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
1,063 Posts
Liked a lot about the headroom, quiet ride, good performance and handling. Love the camera mirror (hardly unique, but like it a lot). The regen issue is super-troubling but hopefully temporary. I thought the roof issue would be no big deal, but that totally sucks out the wazoo. Fisker needs to get tint on that thing. It truly sucks.

The software totally blows IMO.
The head of UI came across as a complete idiot. If he said "I do not know" one more time... not knowing how charging is integrated into the NAV? WTF? You are head of user experience. What could possibly be more central to the user experience on an electric vehicle than that? The home UI looks completely ridiculous to me. The tiles, the layout, were just completely idiotic. A full one-third of the screen real estate is taken up by climate control and some irrelevant BS energy usage statistics. This data needs less than 2% of the home screen to display. The nav is relegated to a 1/3 little square (again, WTF?) and the virtual vehicle is at the wrong side of the screen. Everything runs ridiculously slow and laggy. It is just absolutely awful.

· Registered
195 Posts
Bayyoucitybob. I agree. I think even the die hard Oceaneers are starting to get a dose of reality. I mean you seen something running on a SOC thats 7 years old and people say don;t worry the next iteration of the Ocean will have a faster chip WTF... Im paying £60k so that the company can make a better version for someone else in 5 years time...?

Also on serious note your comment of TINT. Everyone says TINT. May be im the idot who wants a sun roof to feel more roomy... I dont know why everyone thinks its acceptable to buy a £60k care for them to tint it. THIS BASIC issue any dummy would think of from the start.. but nah.. not our Henrik.... the fact that in CALIFORNIA where the sun is much brighter none of these guys said.. hang on there matey..... whats this flashing light over our face.. .. worse still all over the damn car and dash... wowzers its coming from the roof.

Sorry guys, i guess im really disappointed... and was expecting more... sorry for sounding off and venting... but i don't have social media! Just feel HF playing on us.. but guess what.. i really don't think HF will succeed in the industry if he messes this up. The Ronin.... not in 99% of peoples league. Sell it to a football/soccer player. The PEAR. Again all i'm hearing is HF talk. I don't trust much of what he says now. Countless times he has and i am sure n good faith said things that were blatant lie. It may succeed in the US market, but in the UK with the likes of MG and soon many other Chinese Auto's coming in ... it Aint going to happen. HF and Fisker is no Apple, where the desing implementation is just awesome (Coming from an android guy) .. hey their UI person just proved he does not even know whats going on... in car thats going to be delivered in a few months!

· Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
1,063 Posts
Bayyoucitybob. I agree. I think even the die hard Oceaneers are starting to get adose of reality. I mean you seen something running on a SOC thats 7 years old and people say don;t worry the next iteration of the Ocean will have a faster chip WTF... Im paying £60k so that the comoany can make a better version for someone else in 5 years time...?

Also on serious note i take issue with your comment of TINT. Everyone says TINT. May be im the idot who wants a sun roof to feel more roomy... I dont know why everyone thinks its acceoptable to buy a £60k care for them to tint it. THIS BASIC issue any dumy would think of from the start.. but nah.. not our Henrik.... the fact that in CALIFORNIA where the sun is much brighter none of these guys said.. hang on there matey..... whats this flashing light over our face.. .. worse still all over hte damn car... wowzers its coming from the roof.

Sorry guys, i guess im really disappointed... and was expecting more... sorry for sounding off and venting... but i don't have social media!
Re the software, it could be running the fastest processor on earth and it would still be crap IMO. The home screen is just a ridiculous design. And if that head of User Experience iworked in one of my companies he would have been bounced out on his rear after the second "I do not know it's not my department" comment.

I understand your comment on the tint completely. I am taking about the logical work-around for the issue, or offering the vehicle without the solar roof. I think a 30% transmission tint will be okay. Maybe 50%.

Henrik likes solar roofs. It is a very cheap way to add an expensive-feeling and unusual design element. He had one on the Karma but it did not have the see-through elements. The Ocean implementation just sucks. It was not obvious until we saw this video. Now it is super-obvious as the YouTube comments explain in abundance.
Window Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Reactions: onevoice

· Registered
Waiting for Ocean One
41 Posts
The review gives me the impression it'll be solid, but it also makes me more anxious of how it'll stack up to the EQB and Q4 e-Tron. At least I know for sure it subjectively looks better than the EQB and the range should be a lot better.

· Registered
5 Posts
Does the Ocean run Android automotive or is it some modified version of Android made by that Harman company that was in charge of the whole system? I found it funny that the UX guy had to specifically point out that they were running the "true APK" of Spotify.

· Registered
2017 Chevrolt Volt Premiere
99 Posts
CCS light looks cool. Wish it was bigger though so charging status was visible.
I have a green LED light prominently on top of the dash in my Volt that indicates the status of charging. It flashes once per certain short interval to indicate charging toward 25%, then 2 flashes to indicate charging toward 50% - to 4 flashes to indicate charging toward 100%. Very useful indicator to see the current status of charging.

· Registered
158 Posts
Also wasn't impressed with him saying it felt smaller inside than an ID4 - a car that is ~8" shorter and 4" narrower and with similar boot/trunk capacity :cautious:
The ID.4 is much larger than the Ocean in the cargo area… it has over 30 cubic feet behind the back seats; the Ocean is 22.85 cubic feet, smaller than Kia EV6. Mostly due to height in the cargo area … ID.4 cargo area is over 32 in, and Ocean is under 26 in. They’re both about 40” wide (the Ocean is half an inch wider), and the ID.4 about 1.5 in longer. Front legroom is identical between the two (41 in). The Ocean uses its extra length in the back seat, where it has 40.4 in to the ID.4’s 37.6 in.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts